Wyoming - Missouri reciprocity

This is a discussion on Wyoming - Missouri reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at which states have reciprocity with Missouri, and noticed that Wyoming doesn't honor the Missouri permit, yet Missouri honors a permit from ...

Thread: Wyoming - Missouri reciprocity

Wyoming - Missouri reciprocity

I was looking at which states have reciprocity with Missouri, and noticed that Wyoming doesn't honor the Missouri permit, yet Missouri honors a permit from anywhere. Any ideas why this may be?

Who would you contact in the various state governments to request having your state added to the reciprocity list, the State's Attorney General?

2. Remove Ads

Missouri is more open minded and has lower standards?
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I believe it is the state's AG that deals with reciprocity.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Texas AFAIK honors permits from every other state but not all those states honor texas permits,I think one reason for that is we get a lot of "winter" Texans down here from all over the country and here by the border crime can be pretty bad so we want the tourists to be safe when they are visiting and if they help take out some "trash" while they are here even better
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You can probably find it on-line by searching the states 'revised statutes'. Just Google-up Wyoming revised statutes.

I wondered why Nevada wouldn't recognize Colorado's permits. I PMed a poster here from Nevada and he directed me to Nevada's revised statutes where I easily found the requirements for Nevada's recognition of another state's CHL. For those who are curious as to why Nevada wouldn't recognize Colorado's CHLs:
    • Nevada requires a full database of all of a states CHL holders available on-line 24/7 and not all Colorado counties supply this information to the Colorado state database.
    Last edited by KenInColo; May 4th, 2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Most states require qualification training to be as stringent or more than theirs. Utah's is so easy, a four hour class, no range time. Nevada won't recognize Arizona's because we don't have our photo on the license.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

State requirements vary. MO honors everyone's permit. I don't think "lower standards" has anything to do with it. I have no idea why WY wouldn't honor MO, our course is tedious compared to some states. You know, like we actually make people shoot!

I'm not sure about Lower Standards... Minimum age for CCW in MO. is 23, which is older than a lot of other states who has the age set at 21.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The differing standards make sense,however, if you look at all the states and reciprocity with one another, you'll see a lot of inconsistencies. WV has reciprocity w/FL, but WV does not fingerprint. Some states seem more likely to honor neighboring states than another thats across the country with similiar standards.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by rodeymo View Post
    I was looking at which states have reciprocity with Missouri, and noticed that Wyoming doesn't honor the Missouri permit, yet Missouri honors a permit from anywhere. Any ideas why this may be?

Who would you contact in the various state governments to request having your state added to the reciprocity list, the State's Attorney General?
    Missouri honors all other state permits by law. It does not require a reciprocity agreement (usually done by the Attorneys General of the respective states). We are a RECOGNITION state. Most states require a formal agreement.

Wyoming is a mystery as to why they do not reciprocate with Missouri. Numerous efforts have been made and the MO AG's office continues to work on it. It appears that the issue may be related to how Wyoming views certain misdemeanor drug related offenses vs how Missouri views a singular offense within the preceding five years prior to a CCW application.

I recently got my non-resident Utah license. Found it funny that they ask for Moral Character. Guess the Mormons don't want to have immoral folks carrying...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links