Friends house? - Page 2

Friends house?

This is a discussion on Friends house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To be honest, the thought just hasn't crossed my mind to tell someone. Many of my relatives know I carry but they don't know I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friends house?

To be honest, the thought just hasn't crossed my mind to tell someone. Many of my relatives know I carry but they don't know I carry 24/7. My wife does and it doesn't bother her that I go to people's homes armed. If someone were to ask me I would tell them, butI don't bring it up on my own.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I figure everyone is armed. I'm not phased by someone who might be having a gun in my presence in my house, since I have one too.

Visiting other people, well, even casual acquaintances can figure out I've got a gun most of the time simply by the fact that I work at a gun shop part-time and people I meet are usually through there. :)
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

VIP Member
    I don't tell. Like Betty and rfurtkamp I don't hang around people who don't carry much, so it isn't a problem for me.

-Scott-

Nope dont tell up like said above what they dont know wont hurt them

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I don't tell them. It's really unusual for anyone to say to new guests, "If you have a gun, leave it outside," but if I know beforehand that firearms are not welcome in the home, I try to avoid the place, because people like that I don't care to associate with anyway.
    + 1

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Yup, I second (third, fourth?) Betty.

Here in Colorado property owners can prohibit firearms on their premises, but they have to tell you or post it... you are NOT required to tell. I certainly wouldn't unless asked.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I never tell. State law doesn't require it and I don't ask others what they have in their pockets, drugs (hopefully legit Rx) that the may have with them, etc.

Almost everyone that we know is anti here, with the exception of the gun club folks.

Don't ask, don't tell!!

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil................................

Yeah that friend doing a gun grab would be a bad thing. It makes me nervous just being in a crowd, and people are bumping into you ya know.
    Last edited by Bruces45; October 19th, 2005 at 08:40 PM.

Assistant Administrator
    It makes me nervous just being in a crowd, and people are bumping into you ya know.
    Point to raise here - I don't like crowds anyways but - carrying as I do 3 to 3.30 - find that when threatened by bump contact with others, I keep right elbow in to side - covers piece pretty well - or have thumb of right hand in pocket - also allowing for arm/elbow cover on the piece.

Probably worst thing to protect against is the warm family hug !!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I don't have any friends...

Well, maybe all of 2 couples and that's it. The last time I was in somebody's house it was for one of the couple's housewarming party. When I got there there was a small gathering of friends and family and some small children so I decided that for the sake of avoinding that the kids would come over and wanting to see the gun and that a parent may freak out, I asked the hostess for a secure place to leave my gun. She took me to the bedroom and we locked the gun in a drawer (I kept the key), hung my vest and joined the party. But me being me, I forgot the double mag pouch still attached to my belt.

I did get a lot of curious looks but nobody said a thing.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I have noticed myself becoming more "aware" of whats behing me at all times since i carry at 5 o clock. I got that spydie sence thing and always looking out the corner of my eye and watching where people go when ever I am around groups of people.

Wink Always carry, never tell

In NYS it is not required. I just carry all the time...usually pocket carry PM9 so no one suspects or knows...way too many anti's to announce it and in this neck of the woods few people even realize that some of us carry. I could probably strap on an M4 before anybody noticed.

PS - Too bad I love the natural beauty of the state and detest the politics!

DC Founder
    I don't associate with "staunch democrat or anti-gunners", generally, and most of my closest "friends and family" know I carry and don't have a problem with it. I really don't care one way or the other whether other friends, family or people at work know I have a permit and carry or not. If I am having a conversation with someone about carrying, or guns in general, and someone comes within earshot, I make no effort to stop the conversation or start whispering. If they have a problem with it, they are welcome to leave. But most people I am around know about this website, my permit and that I usually carry and they know what I would say if they did object. I don't go to parties, weddings or funerals and don't socialize much outside a very tight circle....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

1952 - 2006
    I'm with Bumper here. Most people I know know that I carry, religiously. They accept that as a part of my personality and military background, if you will. If I'm around strangers, no one ever knows.
    I work security for the Las Vegas Hilton and was the firearms instructor for the department before corporate did their thing and removed all firearms from the officers. So they know I carry as well. Several of us in the department are known to CCW during work on particular days, like New Years, 4th of July and major conventions, particularly with the younger crowds.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Thanks for all the replys guys and gals. The only people who know I carry are my two best friends. I have been to other friends houses and not told them because I want to keep my carrying quiet. But if I'm ever asked I wont lie that I dont. I was just curious.

KC
    Fighting is not good, someone always get hurt
    Mr. Miyagi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links