Friends house? - Page 3

Friends house?

This is a discussion on Friends house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most of my close friends already know I carry....others don't need to know. Unless they ask,I keep my mouth shut. With this in mind ,we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friends house?

Most of my close friends already know I carry....others don't need to know. Unless they ask,I keep my mouth shut.
    With this in mind ,we were at frineds the other night for dinner.I was saying how this particular friend of ours"scares" us because he's huge.(in a joking way)His response was"Yeah,I'm sure this guy with the 357 on his hip is scared."Iwas surprised that 1) he knew I carried 2)he knew what I carried.....we talked about it a long time ago,and I told him and showed him my CCW,but I was sure he'd forgotten.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Well, if any friends come over to the house (which aren't many ), I do ask if they have a gun.

If they don't I scold them and then send them home to get one

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Well, if any friends come over to the house (which aren't many ), I do ask if they have a gun.

If they don't I scold them and then send them home to get one

Wayne
    That's the way it should be!

Been there and got the T-shirt. I had a friend of mine that said he was really interested in purchasing a pistol he did not know that I shot, but knew I was former military. Well, after about 10 conversations concerning it and him saying that his wife and he both wanted to get a pistol I told him the safest way to do it is to CCW and I showed him my ID. I knew the guy was cool and I knew him. Well he moved into our neighborhood and I stopped by to say hi. He once again asked about shooting, I said heck man I'm carrying now. Now mind you we are inside of his house. The conversation ended once I showed him the little 38 S&W. However, I did see him last night and guess what he mentioned shooting again. I quickly changed the subject. Moral of the story is most people are all talk and most will be sheeple until the end.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I don't associate with "staunch democrat or anti-gunners", generally, and most of my closest "friends and family" know I carry and don't have a problem with it. I really don't care one way or the other whether other friends, family or people at work know I have a permit and carry or not. If I am having a conversation with someone about carrying, or guns in general, and someone comes within earshot, I make no effort to stop the conversation or start whispering. If they have a problem with it, they are welcome to leave. But most people I am around know about this website, my permit and that I usually carry and they know what I would say if they did object. I don't go to parties, weddings or funerals and don't socialize much outside a very tight circle....
    Wait a minute Bumper, I am Democrat, but I guess if we get into a fire fight I will help a guy out.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

To be honest only my closest friends and my supervisor know I carry. (According to our base commander a privately owned firearm counts as a hazardous activity. Having a CCW gets you a little chat with a chaplain.) I don't ask permission or mention that I'm carrying, however, I have no problem talking guns wherever I am with whomever will listen. (My fiance hates this already, she does the little head shaking thing. It's great, not even married yet and already I'm driving her crazy!)

Hey Wayne, great idea, when I move off base I think I'll have to start doing that. And I'll be your friend if you like...

A1C Lickey

I would not tell them as this could lead to a serious friendship killing point. I am not willing to go unarmed when I do not absolutely have to. If they determine that they absolutely do not want any weapons in their house I will not come over any more. If they were real hardcore they would not wish to come over to my house either as to not get the gun taint on them. That would be the end of a friendship.

Luckily for me most of my friends have been such since we were in school together long ago. For the others it is best for them not to know . . .
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

A1C Lickey, I am humbled, thank you.

I am Air Force also (I'm out now). Worked in the Communications Sq. at Holloman AFB, Griffis AFB (now closed), Moody AFB, Mountain Home AFB with a couple of stints at Prince Sultan AB.

I have a cousin that lives about 4 miles away from me that no one visits because of her anti-gun views. She has a 4 yo and a 2 yo right now and thinks that if anyone has a gun then the kids are going to get hurt (she's an active member of Oregon Ceasefire and reads everything that they send out in email). Her husband is a wimp (used to hunt, own guns) but now he's just as bad as she is and goes along with everything that she spouts.

Nice guy but when we have family gatherings (and he knows that the rest of the family is pro-gun/ pro-carry) he shys away from me, my uncle by marriage, and my other cousin (female) because he knows that there will be a gun someplace around us (on us). If we walk any where near their children, both he and my cousin freaks out and runs over to grab the kids. What really makes me angry is that one cousin (3rd or 4th, forget, I don't like him) is a convicted child molester and they don't seem to mind when he gets close to the children.

Wayne

I never tell anybody.
    Take Care,

Shannon
    www.microholics.org

Another

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    . +1 .
    +2.(Me and the Wife)

Most of my friends are pro-ccw and military. Last time I asked a friend if he minded (because of his wife) he told me to come on over. I showed up and he had his arsenal laying out in his room. I've been lucky. My mother is the only one that I thought would really say anything but when I showed up for the last holiday she saw it and acted like she didn't care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links