Finally got my CWL!! - Florida

This is a discussion on Finally got my CWL!! - Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gawd, after almost 50 days it finally came today! I am now legal to conceal carry my XD45 Service. I didnt get to do the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my CWL!! - Florida

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Finally got my CWL!! - Florida

Gawd, after almost 50 days it finally came today! I am now legal to conceal carry my XD45 Service. I didnt get to do the Wal Mart thing, but I did immediately arm myself and concealed carried to Publix supermarket to get steak and shrimp for the Bar B.

At no point was I uncomfortable, no one noticed at all and I never had the desire to "touch" my weapon. I carried my XD45 service IWB with my Comp Tac Minotaur. I wore shorts that didnt allow me to wear my Beltman gun belt though and it didnt secure the holster like I would have preferred, but it worked.

On a side note, I did have some ladies make small talk with me while we were all standing at the seafood counter. Does concealed carry exude some kind of hormone and make us older guys sexy??

UPDATE: Did the Wal Mart Concealed Carry rite of passage today. No nachos. My Wal-Mart doesnt sell them anymore. They now have a Blimpies subs instead. So, I made sure to peruse the guns and ammo section. I even scouted through womens clothing section to look at the scantily clad college girls. Spotted one headed towards electronics and decided electronics might be a good spot myself. Wow, she was tough! Small salmon colored tube top with a rather healthy set stuffed inside. Very nice set of walking appendages leading up to one of the finest set of buttocks I may have ever seen.

So, since no nachos available, I managed to stay in Wal Mart for over an hour.
    Last edited by Tally XD; May 4th, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added some information
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations!!!! My NC CCW should be here in a couple of Weeks. Are you a member at XD Talk as well it seems I have seen your name over their as well? I have a 45 service as well and I am trying to figure out the way I want to carry it normally?

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

I got my GA license last month and PA showed up yesterday

Stay alert stay safe
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Did you submit your prints electronically?
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

Congrats. Have you made the Wal-Mart trip yet.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Congrats

VIP Member
    Congrats and welcome to the world of CC.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Gawd, after almost 50 days it finally came today! I am now legal to conceal carry my XD45 Service. I didnt get to do the Wal Mart thing, but I did immediately arm myself and concealed carried to Publix supermarket to get steak and shrimp for the Bar B.

At no point was I uncomfortable, no one noticed at all and I never had the desire to "touch" my weapon. I carried my XD45 service IWB with my Comp Tac Minotaur. I wore shorts that didnt allow me to wear my Beltman gun belt though and it didnt secure the holster like I would have preferred, but it worked.

On a side note, I did have some ladies make small talk with me while we were all standing at the seafood counter. Does concealed carry exude some kind of hormone and make us older guys sexy??

Only if your carry method is a "smart carry"

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Congrats!

Now, go out & get those nachos at Wal Mart. I believe you have 72 hours to complete this mission.

Congrats...on the new permit!

As a fellow Floridian, I now feel just a 'little' safer...just 14 million more permits to go...

Stay armed...use sun screen...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats, good choice with the Mtac, I carry my GLock in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I suspect it would take far more than wearing a gun to make most of US sexy.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Congrats Mike...

Congratulation

+1 on the electronic fingerprint question since I'm awaiting mine too. Also how good is Comp Tac Minotaur at CC. I,m thinking about getting one for my Glock 19.

I am looking at about 45 days since I sent mine with the electronic fingerprints. I even tossed in a copy of my NY State permit thinking it couldn't hurt since NY is more detailed to get. I am moving to Tampa May 30 so hopefully it will come before then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links