Bad timing for my CHL!-texas

This is a discussion on Bad timing for my CHL!-texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'v been waiting 96 days for my cch to go thu and finaly on sat i checked the texas dps web site and it said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad timing for my CHL!-texas

Bad timing for my CHL!-texas

I'v been waiting 96 days for my cch to go thu and finaly on sat i checked the texas dps web site and it said that its been approved and will be sent in the mail mon. ! Too bad for me I'm going into sugery on mon. and i'll be bed ridden and convelesing for a full month!
    I'll have to postpone my walmart nacho run for a full month, how ironic that after all this time I'm still going to have to hurry up and wait some more.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry to hear that you'll be laid up for a while... we'll add you to our prayers here in Abliene.

On the positive side, when you are back up and around, you won't have to be waiting for the mailman anymore !

During your 'laid up' time, you can keep yourself busy on the internet searching and researching, then ordering a whole drawer full of holsters and accessories, LOL !!!

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Think of all the dry firing time you'll have.
    Good luck

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Now's the time to break in a new holster...1000 pulls ought to do it!
    Hope you recover quickly!

Stay armed...work on the holster...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I haven't even hit 30 days since I submitted my application! :(

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I'm also waiting for my Texas CHL to process (it's not yet "overdue"). Didn't know you could check status on the website, so I took a look, and found I needed a PIN?? How did you get your PIN? Was yours an online application, such as a renewal? Mine was strictly a mail-in, new application. Hope your convalescence goes faster than expected...good luck!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtown View Post
    I'm also waiting for my Texas CHL to process (it's not yet "overdue"). Didn't know you could check status on the website, so I took a look, and found I needed a PIN?? How did you get your PIN? Was yours an online application, such as a renewal? Mine was strictly a mail-in, new application. Hope your convalescence goes faster than expected...good luck!
    on-line applicants get their PIN when they apply. The rest of us get a PIN when "Simone" says we get our PIN. Fortunately for me, I've had the plastic quite a while, and DPS sent me a letter with the PIN within the first 2 weeks after mailing in the packet.

For some reason, DPS is really dragging this year. I'm not sure if it's all due to a massive number of applications, management issues, or what. I've got friends that have been waiting 5 weeks for any kind of notification. The wife of the couple sent an email last week just to ask if there was any issues with their paper work, and recieved a response stating that they were not even "in the system" yet. Their 60 days for notification is coming up real soon. I've heard others that are on day 120 or so waiting on "license issued".

Something just ain't right about our current system. This is NOT the way it was intended to work!

cowtown, after 60 days i got a letter from dps saying that my app. was being processed and i can track its progerss with the pin # they gave.

Wow, those time frames are very disappointing, but thanks for the info!

Thank you every one for your best wishes, i'll be back on line soon!

When mine was late following renewal, I called DPS and was told everything was in order to issue, they didn't know why it was delayed and they'd expedite it. It arrived three days later. At the previous renewal, I received the new CHL two weeks after submitting the packet. Something's definitely different now.

VIP Member
    Take care of yourself, and may the month pass on swift wings!

Quote Originally Posted by ws76133 View Post
    Something's definitely different now.
    People are getting scared...That's what's different. From 2006 to 2008 there has been a huge increase in people applying. Since our legislature is too busy to meet every year, and can only do it ever two years, the larger number of applications are being processed on the budget that was assigned in 2006.

Blame it on the election, blame it on the times, blame it on the criminals. Whatever you blame it on, more people getting their liceneses is a good thing...too bad it is taking you guys so long to get your plastic.

If only we would go to 'lifetime' permits...then they wouldn't have to process the renewals.

Hang in there...just don't leave the house until you get it.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

81 days from when the state received my application (1/28/08) to when the license arrived (4/17/08). Hang in there, and best wishes for your recovery.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Hint to speed up Texas CHL

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    on-line applicants get their PIN when they apply. The rest of us get a PIN when "Simone" says we get our PIN. Fortunately for me, I've had the plastic quite a while, and DPS sent me a letter with the PIN within the first 2 weeks after mailing in the packet.

For some reason, DPS is really dragging this year. I'm not sure if it's all due to a massive number of applications, management issues, or what. I've got friends that have been waiting 5 weeks for any kind of notification. The wife of the couple sent an email last week just to ask if there was any issues with their paper work, and recieved a response stating that they were not even "in the system" yet. Their 60 days for notification is coming up real soon. I've heard others that are on day 120 or so waiting on "license issued".

Something just ain't right about our current system. This is NOT the way it was intended to work!
    I received my letter from the Texas DPS CHL dept 47 days after they received my application. The date of the letter you receive is when they enter it into the system. Then they should have something done by 60 days.

In my case when I had reached 70 days from the day they received it I could not get more than a terse reply from the CHL rep by email and no answer by phone, only hold music or hold silence.

I contacted the attorney generals office about who I could contact regarding state govt non-compliance with the law. They quickly replied with the answer that they do not control the DPS, our only chance was to try to get the DPS to cooperate or to contact my state representative. They informed me my state rep is the one that sets their budget and basically "pays their bills".

I sent an email to my State Rep advising of my problem and included my application number with the details and a clip of the state regs one evening. The next morning I got a personal phone call and a replied email from my state rep and that evening I got an email reply from the CHL rep that my license was issued and to wait for it to be processed and sent thru the mail. The online status changed the next day and I received it in 6 days.

My rep is a 2nd amendment advocate and he called me again the following day to tell me what I already knew. He also said that they have had twice the normal apps since January.

So, you may not have as helpful a State Rep as I but it is worth a shot. My State Rep is Leo Berman.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links