"The" single place to send a skeptic?

This is a discussion on "The" single place to send a skeptic? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry if this is a repeat. I'm wondering if there is one good place (or a forum favorite) to show a person who knows nothing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The" single place to send a skeptic?

"The" single place to send a skeptic?

Sorry if this is a repeat.

I'm wondering if there is one good place (or a forum favorite) to show a person who knows nothing about carrying and is wondering why one would "carry a gun". This one might be my favorite so far. Make a choice . The little quiz is pretty good when you click "Liability".

Cornered cat is excellent too because it's plain and simple and written from a woman's point of view which is great. I've seen it linked from here many times.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I would have said to send them right here to Defensive Carry. After a week with us, they'll own two handguns, a surefire, some OC, a few tactical knives and have some custom leather on order.

I think this is the best thread for someone to read. It's real world talk from people that do.
    If they need more then this thread, being a victim may be the only way they see the light.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...art-carry.html
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    It is my impression that most "antis" are anti because they have had no exposure to the fun of sport shooting.

I don't think their minds can be changed with argument, with video clips, with news articles.

Instead, talk a friend into just spending some time with you at a range. Once they do it they will quickly gain an entirely new attitude about guns, sport shooting, and eventually about defensive carry.

And even if the never make the leap to defensive carry, they will probably at the very least, drop much of their anti-gun attitude. (Especially when they see that the folks at the local range are OK

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Have them read the following article from John Conner, a writer for American Handgunner magazine. Mr. Conner is often teased, with a wink, by his Editor and fellow writers, but everyone that works at that magazine, is 'one of the good guys'. John Conner leads the pack and his article, MISS LIZZY, will be read for many years to come..........
    GunCrank Diaries July/Aug 2005
    After reading the article, hand your friend a tissue and bring them to the range.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Strongly recommend taking a look at Cornered Cat:

Cornered Cat

Also for news articles involving successful self defense by armed civilians, check out Dayton Cramer's Civilian Gun Self Defense Blog: Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog

Reading articles from these two sights to my girlfriend every few days - casually in a non-evangelical tone - eventually resulted in her dragging me to the CCW class. I never even suggested it. Now she wants an LCP. Works for me.

Dittos "cornered cat"

Also Xavier Thoughts. Xavier Thoughts

Oh wait, that's two.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

I most often note the following as a resource:

Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog

and/or

YouTube - Luby's Massacre

and/or

YouTube - Penn and Teller - Suzanna's Gun Encounter Story

and/or if it's a male and he says something asinine to the tone of 'Ehh...I fight with my hands, that's how we used to do things old school. I'm <insert height> and <insert weight> and I used to <insert HS or college sport from decades ago>, I can handle my own!', then send him to this...

ESPN - Taylor's femoral artery repaired; Redskin lost 'significant' amount of blood - NFL

- Janq

"Most often trouble comes in threes." - Old timey words of wisdom
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Look no further...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I would have said to send them right here to Defensive Carry. After a week with us, they'll own two handguns, a surefire, some OC, a few tactical knives and have some custom leather on order.
    This honestly made me laugh out loud. =D

Dave

Unfortunate for some, it would take a life changing experience.

My fiance's friend was so anti that she wouldn't allow her husband's GLOCK to be loaded in the house. There was ruckus outside her backyard. She hauled to the closet, loaded the GLOCK, and was ready to defend her life. Turned out to be a raccoon. She unloaded the pistol and tucked back in the closet because, heaven forbid, she wouldn't want her husband to find out she defended her life with a GUN! Oh my!

DC Founder
    You might also want to look at this YouTube videos...

The Truth About the Right to Carry
    Gun Myths
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

If none of that works...take 'em on a morgue tour. Show them what happens to people who wouldn't defend themselves against the bad guys.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

All I have to do is show folks the scar on my arm from shrapnel, or show them the bullet wound entry and exit scars on my wife's right leg.

Or I could just show them one of the links posted here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links