YES. Carried first time tonight. - Page 2

YES. Carried first time tonight.

This is a discussion on YES. Carried first time tonight. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats! MickyD's closed in our local Wal-Mart too, I thought it was just us....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YES. Carried first time tonight.

Congrats! MickyD's closed in our local Wal-Mart too, I thought it was just us.

Way to go Zach & Holly! It's good for a couple to look out for each other. My young bride and I always follow the "You watch my back, I'll watch yours" principle. Especially since she has such a nice back . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Congratulations! It feels good to self-reliant.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Congrats Zach and Holly. Wish my wife would wake up! Nice reply Rod
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

Is that some sort of ritual where on your first carry you have to go to Walmart, buy ammo and eat either nachos or Mickey D's?

I'm waiting for my CHL now. I applied three weeks ago, took te class two weeks ago and mailed in my form last week so I have a while before I get it.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Congrats! I've had mine a couple weeks now, it sure is a great feeling.

As for McD's going out, thank God! Less of that crap means less obese unhealthy people in the world. That place is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by nativenyerintexas View Post
    Is that some sort of ritual where on your first carry you have to go to Walmart, buy ammo and eat either nachos or Mickey D's?

I'm waiting for my CHL now. I applied three weeks ago, took te class two weeks ago and mailed in my form last week so I have a while before I get it.
    Ya know I've only been on this site for a couple weeks and still haven't figured out the Walmart references. I want to be cool when I get mine, so let's hear the story.

BTW, I mailed my application off yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Way to go Zach & Holly! It's good for a couple to look out for each other. My young bride and I always follow the "You watch my back, I'll watch yours" principle. Especially since she has such a nice back . . .
    Haha, I hear ya there.

I am now finding myself questioning whether I should or shouldn't carry in certain areas even if I know definitively what the law is. In Oregon, this is NO law that says you cannot carry in public schools with your CHL but certain districts have made up their own rules and one of them states in their Student and parent expectation packets that no one, including those with CHL's, are permitted to carry on the grounds, or even at school events and functions on or off campus! What the? I know Oregon law well and this seems to happen not just with the school districts -- anyone in Oregon with a CHL surely knows about PDX and the whole debacle that's dragging on there....

TC: I hear they're replacing the MickeyD's with a Subway. That's not too bad at all...
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Sweet. Not give her your LCP as a backup to hers and get yourself a 1911! Just kidding. I will probably never need my gun, but I just like carrying and the fact that I have trained for such an emergency is a big help.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Ya know I've only been on this site for a couple weeks and still haven't figured out the Walmart references. I want to be cool when I get mine, so let's hear the story.
    Its a time honored tradition to get your concealed license then, within 72 hours, you must go to a local Wal-Mart while concealed and peruse the aisles of quality Chinese imported products while eating Wal-Mart nachos.

However, since many Wal-Marts now have no food outlet, you should buy ammunition in its place!

You must report back here about your Wally Walk afterwards!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Keep them close and stay safe
    It feels good knowing you don't have to be a willing victim anymore!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Its a time honored tradition to get your concealed license then, within 72 hours, you must go to a local Wal-Mart while concealed and peruse the aisles of quality Chinese imported products while eating Wal-Mart nachos.

However, since many Wal-Marts now have no food outlet, you should buy ammunition in its place!

You must report back here about your Wally Walk afterwards!
    Now that I know of this 'time honored tradition', I'll be sure to comply.

One more thing, ladies and gentelmen, you can't do this in New York!
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Next time get a bag of "Sam's Choice" Cajun Trail Mix. Best stuff I ever put between my teeth.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Congrats to you both.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    congrats Zach and Holly...
    happy to hear it felt natural, and went good with no problems. stay safe, and carry always.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links