Defensive Carry banner

What to do if asked about concealed carry

8K views 63 replies 56 participants last post by  kaz 
#1 ·
What should one do if a stranger (e.g. store clerk) asks if you carry? Maybe he suspects that you are due to a bulge at your hip, and wants to confirm? (note I live in FL... not open carry allowed).

#5 ·
Just say "Haven't you ever seen a colostomy bag? Would you like to? In fact, I think I should show you, because I can feel it leaking..."

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Oh, and buy a better holster and dress around the gun better. Their is no reason you can't carry a full sized weapon under light clothing without any printing.

#6 ·
I would never disclose if I am carrying, for two reasons.
Number one, it is kind of rude to ask that question.
Number two, no potential BG should know the answer to that question.

#12 ·
Just say no.

There is no law or reason or social nicety that you are compelled to discuss anything with said stranger.
Further some person approaching you out of the blue with such a random topic I'd immediately myself deem them to be suspect.

- Janq

#14 ·
I would simply state the reason for my bulge to put to rest any concerns...

No,I am not carrying a gun. What I am carrying is a Type 25 Model X Selectron, a device that measures enriched radiation sources, such as Uranium 235 or 238, the type most commonly used in improvised nuclear weapons. So as not to alert and possibly panic the public, myself and my team of agents have chosen to conceal the probes underneath our clothing.

By the way "Sir" or "Mam" have you noticed any unusual activities in this area as of late?

That ought to cover it...

#17 ·
I was talking to my then favorite gun shop clerk (the store is now closed) once about concealed carry holsters and he quickly and obviously looked down at my hip.

I wagged my finger at him and said ah, ah, ah.

Of course I was not carrying at the time but it was funny to watch him blush.

#19 ·
Who has guns?Those things are dangerous.

#21 ·
"Carrying what?" Then a shake of the head, and walk away.
"Huh?" with a confused look, and then walk away.
"Dude, you're not one of those gun-nuts are you?" Then walk away.
"I was born with a tail...thanks for bring it up, jerk." Then walk away.

#29 ·
I like that answer! Thanks for all the hints. So far, nobody has asked. I am careful, but maybe too careful. As a new "carrier" I am not quite used to it yet. I think my answer will be just a quick "No".
Makes me feel better that everybodies answer is essentially the same.
I tend to carry my phone in the same spot as a distraction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.