QUICK CWL - Idaho!

This is a discussion on QUICK CWL - Idaho! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took a firearm course about a month ago, did not learn much for the $30 I didn't already know. Well, except a proper draw I ...

Thread: QUICK CWL - Idaho!

QUICK CWL - Idaho!

Took a firearm course about a month ago, did not learn much for the $30 I didn't already know. Well, except a proper draw I was unaware of.

Applied 4/23 at local Sherrif's Office. Filled out a form and some old timer took my prints. Told me after paying fee, I could expect to hear back in 90 DAYS!

Received a letter dated 4/29 from county sheriff. Expecting "we have received your applcation and will get back to you yadda yadda". However, it was a letter telling me my application had been GRANTED (In 3-4 WORKING DAYS?). I must admit I was impressed!

However, had to wait until today 5/8 (not sure why of that they are not busy). Picked it up today, paid the fee - Total of $64 for 5 years.

They are in a hurry to get us armed here in ID.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Congrats on the permit

Welcome from GA
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Congrats on the permit

Welcome from GA
    Thank you for the welcome. I travel alot and have to figure out the reciprocity thing. ID is only accepted in 25 other states. yet ID honors all others. Something wrong with that!

Congrats, now come visit us down in Utah.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by rdoggsilva View Post
    Congrats, now come visit us down in Utah.
    I go to Utah quite often actually, grandparents lived and spent most of my summers in Brigham City and Ogden. Have a rental home in Brigham City. I really like that community.

Glad to know I can carry there, along with others eastward. My only problem is OR, WA, NV, and CA as my permit is not recognized in these states. Well, California expected as they seem to be their own country in itself.

1943 - 2009
    and welcome to the concealed carry community.

As you know, Montana welcomes your permit, as Idaho does ours. Be careful when you come over our way, tho. We have a lot more restricted carry places than you do, unfortunately.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I'm here in Boise, ID also, it took about 1 week for my CWL. I moved from Kalifornia to the land of the free about 2 years ago.
    Vic
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II
    Kimber Custom II
    Glock 23, Sig Sauer P225, Kel-Tec PF-9
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. SUN TZU THE ART OF WAR

mailed app/fingerprints/check to dps office on a monday afternoon. received permit 2 days later.

arizona seems to be on the ball.

Congrats on the permit from NC! =D

Took me about 3 months and almost 200 dollars to get mine, so I guess you're lucky!
    Dave
    Springfield XD .40 Service
    Para Ord Hawg 9
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 22A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq...eature=related

Congrats on the new permit...take a pistol SD course...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Defensor View Post
    Congrats on the permit from NC! =D

Took me about 3 months and almost 200 dollars to get mine, so I guess you're lucky!
    I guess it is a NC permit too!

I travel alot back east, mostly to SC. I am allowed in all the surrounding states (NC, TN, GA, FL). Seems like SC is tougher, so won't be able to carry there.

I was surprised by the speed, after having been told 90 days. Then again, in todays society of instant information they should have approval/disapproval in about the same time as it takes to get credit!

The rest of the 89 days must be... don't know what the other 89 days is for?

Think they should make states universal, good for 1 good for all, well with the exception of the Peoples republics of Kalifornia, NJ, Ill, and DC. Or states like mine, should only allow permits from states permitted to. I bet this would be a PITA for people that take long road trips frequently, or truck drivers knowing the laws for each and every state.

The cost? 64 initially ($30 for 5 year permit, other for processing). Cheap to renew I believe, like $20. Well worth the cost.

Congrats, that was faster than my renewal, it took 12 days in Jefferson County.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Congrats, that was faster than my renewal, it took 12 days in Jefferson County.
    This was over here in Ada County. I think the Eastern side of the state may be slower. My dad could not believe me either as my parents live in Fremont County.

It makes me more appreciative as I read how others, in TX and TN have a pretty long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. I travel alot and have to figure out the reciprocity thing. ID is only accepted in 25 other states. yet ID honors all others. Something wrong with that!
    Before I counted on the ID permit being recognized in that many states I'd do some more checking. I live in Rexburg, got my ID permit in a relatively short amount of time too. But then shortly thereafter went down to UT and got theirs too, and if I'm not mistaken their permit is widely recognized. I know even around here in SE Idaho you can find and take classes that give you the UT permit. The NRA instructors around here (Upper Snake River Valley NRA Instructors) offer them, I would imagine someone in Boise is doing the same.

Regardless, welcome to the brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by macano View Post
    Before I counted on the ID permit being recognized in that many states I'd do some more checking. I live in Rexburg, got my ID permit in a relatively short amount of time too. But then shortly thereafter went down to UT and got theirs too, and if I'm not mistaken their permit is widely recognized. I know even around here in SE Idaho you can find and take classes that give you the UT permit. The NRA instructors around here (Upper Snake River Valley NRA Instructors) offer them, I would imagine someone in Boise is doing the same.

Regardless, welcome to the brotherhood.
    Rexburg! Close to home there!

Here is what I found FYI. May be better than u thought! What states do the UT permit add to this?

"States that Honor Idaho's CCW Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Florida*, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming

* Honors RESIDENTIAL Idaho permits only."

Idaho CCW Concealed Carry Hand Gun Legal Info

Links