best pants for pocket carry?

This is a discussion on best pants for pocket carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whisky19: +2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best pants for pocket carry?

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Whisky19:

+2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my mom's today and got there before she was ready for dinner, so off to Wally World I went.

Caveat: make sure they are the OUTDOOR cargo shorts; there are a wide variety of other Wrangler cargo shorts there, and they have the standard puny, pathetic pockets.

And thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread; I was going to start up a new one on this very topic (as I LOVE pocket carry), but as some of us suggest from time to time, I actually USED the search feature. Amazing!!

Shallow pockets are one of my all-time favorite rant-inspirers; I love to hate them.
    Last edited by randytulsa2; May 12th, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typically poor spelling
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

2. Remove Ads

thanks to all for the ideas...

just got back , to check on this thread after i posted this topic, thanks for all the input so far lots of ideas, belt holster or any other carry has never really been a consideration to me ever since i've been into to handgunning, i know it probably works fine for a lot of people, but i just feel more at ease deep pocket concealing with the best tools available out there guns,gear,etc...by the way,i carry a snub 38spl right now, after i finally gave up on trying various pocket semi's for pocket carry,but that just changed after the purchase of a keltec pf9, i pd under $300.00 for it new @ cabelas ,i have nearly 250 rds thru it so far not a hiccup,or a single problem, i pd almost $600.00 for a kahr pm9 that turned out to be a pos, i think keltec is finally coming around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Whisky19:

+2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my mom's today and got there before she was ready for dinner, so off to Wally World I went.

Caveat: make sure thay are the OUTDOOR cargo shorts; there are a wide variety of other Wrangler cargo shorts there, and they have the standard puny, pathetic pockets.

And thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread; I was going to start up a new one on this very topic (as I LOVE pocket carry), but as some of us suggest from time to time, I actually USED the search feature. Amazing!!

Shallow pockets are one of my all-time favorite rant-inspirers; I love to hate them.
    I'm glad you liked them. I can't say enough about these shorts.

I measured the pocket and here are the dimensions:

For grins, I just dropped in my Ruger P345. I've never been able to fit this in any pants pocket that I have tried. This pocket swallowed that 45 with room to spare! Now, I need to find a pocket holster for a P345!

Pocket carry is, at best, tough in jeans. I pocket carry frequently and have found almost any brand of cargo type pants or shorts have wider and deeper pockets, and make pocket carry much more comfortable.
    The Discreet MKII pants have wider pockets for pocket carry. http://www.rogueelite.net/SearchResults.asp?Cat=5

5th one down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links