best pants for pocket carry? - Page 3

best pants for pocket carry?

This is a discussion on best pants for pocket carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whisky19: +2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: best pants for pocket carry?

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Whisky19:

+2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my mom's today and got there before she was ready for dinner, so off to Wally World I went.

Caveat: make sure they are the OUTDOOR cargo shorts; there are a wide variety of other Wrangler cargo shorts there, and they have the standard puny, pathetic pockets.

And thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread; I was going to start up a new one on this very topic (as I LOVE pocket carry), but as some of us suggest from time to time, I actually USED the search feature. Amazing!!

Shallow pockets are one of my all-time favorite rant-inspirers; I love to hate them.
    Last edited by randytulsa2; May 12th, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typically poor spelling
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

thanks to all for the ideas...

just got back , to check on this thread after i posted this topic, thanks for all the input so far lots of ideas, belt holster or any other carry has never really been a consideration to me ever since i've been into to handgunning, i know it probably works fine for a lot of people, but i just feel more at ease deep pocket concealing with the best tools available out there guns,gear,etc...by the way,i carry a snub 38spl right now, after i finally gave up on trying various pocket semi's for pocket carry,but that just changed after the purchase of a keltec pf9, i pd under $300.00 for it new @ cabelas ,i have nearly 250 rds thru it so far not a hiccup,or a single problem, i pd almost $600.00 for a kahr pm9 that turned out to be a pos, i think keltec is finally coming around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Whisky19:

+2 on those Wrangler Outdoor Cargo shorts from Wally World. I picked up two pair today from Wally World- I went down to my mom's today and got there before she was ready for dinner, so off to Wally World I went.

Caveat: make sure thay are the OUTDOOR cargo shorts; there are a wide variety of other Wrangler cargo shorts there, and they have the standard puny, pathetic pockets.

And thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread; I was going to start up a new one on this very topic (as I LOVE pocket carry), but as some of us suggest from time to time, I actually USED the search feature. Amazing!!

Shallow pockets are one of my all-time favorite rant-inspirers; I love to hate them.
    I'm glad you liked them. I can't say enough about these shorts.

I measured the pocket and here are the dimensions:

For grins, I just dropped in my Ruger P345. I've never been able to fit this in any pants pocket that I have tried. This pocket swallowed that 45 with room to spare! Now, I need to find a pocket holster for a P345!

Pocket carry is, at best, tough in jeans. I pocket carry frequently and have found almost any brand of cargo type pants or shorts have wider and deeper pockets, and make pocket carry much more comfortable.
    The Discreet MKII pants have wider pockets for pocket carry. http://www.rogueelite.net/SearchResults.asp?Cat=5

5th one down.

I am resurrecting this zombified thread because this issue has become relevant to me lately. I find that it is not so much the depth or width of the sewn in pocket that restricts me, but rather how large the opening is to the pocket... that most of my pockets, jeans or khakis, do not open far enough to easily put an adult hand into with ease.

Does anyone else find they have the same issue?
    Struckat likes this.

Senior Member Array VodoundaVinci's Avatar
    Yup....I'm new to pants pocket carry and find that it's the opening that creates the bug-a-boo and problems. I carry a "New York Reload" as a strong hand pocket gun and *really* like the "Business Casual" style Dockers and a DeSantis Super Fly with Beretta Pico size pistol.

Cargo style shorts for more casual stuff - traditional Blue jeans are really hard for me to get it out fast or do my signature "hand on the gun with a casual hand in the pocket" look which I use more and more. I do very much like that "Dirty Trick" of standing with my hand in the pocket especially when the Wife and I are in a parking lot in the dark and she's unlocking the car. Very cool to be super ready and still looking like yer not.

VooDoo
    Struckat likes this.

VIP Member
    WOW!!!! Back from the dead after almost 7 years!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    I've had good luck carrying my J-frame snub in regular Wrangler jeans. They seem to have a little deeper front pockets than some of the other brands.

...Skye...
    Another vote for Wranglers, some time back I bought a 4-inch S&W Model 25 at a gun show and not wanting to carry it around in my hand I dropped it into the right front pocket, only about inch of the grip showed.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Duluth Trading Firehose pants. Even has an inside pocket that holds a Kel-Tec .32 or .380 pefectly and cvers the trigger guard. It's as though it was made for it.

You can also carry a PPS and still draw it easily. Pockets are deep and wide in these pants.
    Struckat likes this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

I don't always use missiles, but when I do it's the Minuteman III LGM-30G

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    ... do not open far enough to easily put an adult hand into with ease.

Does anyone else find they have the same issue?
    On a couple pants, yes, but I've sidestepped those in favor of pants that don't have the issue.

I have, though, had a seamstress replace the pocket material in a number of pants over the past 20yrs. Has been the simplest way to get heavier material, a better fit for the pocket holster. Doesn't do anything for the pocket opening, of course, or the general overall fit of the pants to my hips at that spot. But for me it has made a solid improvement. I don't imagine most jeans or similarly-constructed pants would tolerate a widening of the opening, though I'm not a seamstress or tailor so I couldn't say for sure. Run the idea by your local alterations shop, and see what they say. Might turn out that your chosen pants won't be a problem.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Land's End khakis, pleated, essentially all I wear. Regular or comfort fit not "fitted". Accommodates up to a Sig P938 in a Nemesis pretty well and a S&W 642 very well. IMOYMMV.
    "There's no such thing as being too Southern." - Lewis Grizzard

Kakadu of Central Oregon has pants and vests made for conceal carry, I've looked at some of there stuff at a gun show and it looks real good. www.kakaduvest.com or aussie@kakaduvest.com Phone#541-549-9923
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar

The walking thread

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    I am resurrecting this zombified thread

He knew what he did... Dr. Frankenstein
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Senior Member Array FreedomRocks's Avatar
    I have 5.11s, and I have Columbia cargo pants. Both look bad-ass on the range, but neither hide my pocket pistols a Ruger LCP, and Springfield XDs as well as my Haggar slacks with a pleated front.

Pocket Holsters of choice
    DeSantis for the LCP, and Alabama pocket holster for my XDs.

Oh poop, I cant blame Bubba for this at least. DuluthFlex Work pants for lighter weight; regular ones for HEAVY duty use. The cargo pocket can conceal my 4.25" Commander 1911's. The "slash" pockets will easily hide a mouse gun or sub compact. BDU pants also work well. Shorts are available in both.
    Wunderneun likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links