best pants for pocket carry?

This is a discussion on best pants for pocket carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there any manufacturers of pants that make a pair of decent daily wear pants or shorts ,be it ,blue jean , or even kahki, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best pants for pocket carry?

Is there any manufacturers of pants that make a pair of decent daily wear pants or shorts ,be it ,blue jean , or even kahki, with oversized pockets, deliberately for concealed pocket carry...today i went out for the first time ,carry permit on hand ,with my snubby and a desantis nemesis in my blue jean shorts pocket, took my son to the movies to see ironman, cool movie by the way, but i felt kinda awkward ,trying to hide the but of my blk grip, from my snub, that would show every now and then.....any suggestions???

For FL? 5.11 OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    In a warm climate like Texas, I'd suggest Woolrich Elite 4441 Lightweight pants or 4447 Lightweight Operator pants, the main difference being that the Operator model sports additional pockets at the ankle. I prefer the 4441 myself, as if it's hot out, the last thing I want is the temptation to stuff more junk into pockets and make my clothes even bulkier. All of the Woolrich and 5.11 pants that I've seen have VERY deep pockets (so deep that I've actually fit my S&W 686 4" 7 shot .357 in the back pocket of my Woolrich pants and it all but disappeared, grip and all!) that are well suited for pocket carry.

RogueElite.net - Woolrich 4441 Lightweight Pants

Wranglers

I've had good luck carrying my J-frame snub in regular Wrangler jeans. They seem to have a little deeper front pockets than some of the other brands.

...Skye...

One option might be the 7-Pocket Hiker Pants (or Shorts) from Cabela's. Fairly tough, deep pockets with "bellows" to expand a good deal as you put things in it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

--pants--

--check the NRA merchandise website. There are blue jeans with big, deep pockets--

I have a pair of Columbia brand with a zipper pocket under the right slash pocket. SP101 in pocket holster slips in. Zip it up. No show, except the bulge.
    Steve

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...feature%5Fid=3

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_c...ubcat_id=12383

They are expensive, but Orvis' Zambezi Twill cargo pants and shorts work great. They have a stacked cargo pocket design such that something carried in an interior (closest to the person) cargo pocket can't print because there is an empty cargo pocket over it. So Any printing occurs on the inside of the top pocket.

The cargio pockets are just big enough for a Kimber Ultra 1911 and easily handle guns like a Kahr PM9 (my favorite pocket carried gun).
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I like Carhartt.

What also seems to help is switching out the stock rubber grips to a smooth wood grip. Makes it easier to draw (wood doesn't stick to the inside of your pants), and since the grips don't stick, it makes it conceal better also.

On my wife's 642, the wood grips are thinner than the stock rubber grips, just wish I could tell who made them!
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

I'm having the same problem...I'm looking for some good cargo pants to carry in that big pocket rather than the front pockets. I'm thinking I want it zipped.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Ron
    Pocket carry is, at best, tough in jeans. I pocket carry frequently and have found almost any brand of cargo type pants or shorts have wider and deeper pockets, and make pocket carry much more comfortable.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    ... to carry in that big pocket rather than the front pockets. I'm thinking I want it zipped.
    Are you certain you can get to it quickly and safely enough, if SHTF? Think it through. If zipped and "down there," then I think you'll find it simply too darned difficult to bring your weapon to bear on a moment's notice. IMO, ankle carry's one big drawback is speed of access, until you master the technique (which I never seemed to get right). Having it zipped and flopping in a big, baggy pocket somewhere "over there" seems far worse, to me.

I've tried a number of positions, including fanny pack, fanny pack (bad) with quick-unzip ability for firearms (far better), OWB, IWB (better still) and pocket carry (somewhat worse). Ankle carry wasn't for me, plus having a damaged hip/leg takes off the table anyway. By far, having the gun positioned in a standard, secure spot for every draw helps ensure it'll be there when needed. Pocket carry stretches that a bit, 'cause you need to get into the pocket quickly, but with practice isn't all that much slower than IWB/OWB.

So. It's IWB for primary, OWB when the option makes sense, and pocket for the backup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

+1 on Cabela's 7-pocket. They have stacked front pockets and come in shorts as well.

+1 for Wrangler jeans. Also, Wrangler cargo pants from Wal-Mart work great.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links