How long did your TN permit take?

This is a discussion on How long did your TN permit take? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to the forum and have really enjoyed learning from everyone on here. I applied for my TN permit approx. 6 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long did your TN permit take?

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the forum and have really enjoyed learning from everyone on here. I applied for my TN permit approx. 6 weeks ago...just wondering how long you other folks from TN waited for yours.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

VIP Member
    I got mine in 2002, and it took about two-and-a-half months, but I think they are quicker now, since they have become more accustomed to folks applying for them.

you should have it any day.

mine took 6 weeks. my wife's took only 4 weeks.

congrats

VIP Member
    If I remember right, the initial application took the full 90 days, but getting it updated was quicker.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    If I remember right, the initial application took the full 90 days, but getting it updated was quicker.
    Yes, the renewal only took about three weeks.

My buddy and I went to turn our apps in the same time, he got his in 3 weeks, i got mine in 6 weeks. I had to call the office, when i called they said 7-14 business days, and sure enough, had it in a week.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Mine and a buddy's took 33 days. My dad's took 60-some-odd.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

18 days for me......

Nine full weeks to get mine. Finallly received it a couple weeks ago.

Robert

both my wife and I waited about 30 days for our permits to arrive after paying our extortion money....or, rather our fee to the state to get our permits.

My friend at work got his in under 30 days recently so it looks like they are doing OK right now on processing them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

12 days. (Retired LEO)

I completed the handgun safety class April 9 2012. I went to the DMV on centennial blvd. In Nashville,Tn. to complete the application and scheduled to be fingerprinted the following day. On April 24th I received a letter from the Handgun unit on Foster Ave. saying "we are in receipt of your payment for a handgun carry permit. However you did not answer all the questions on the application. Therefore, we have enclosed a blank application; requesting that you COMPLETE THE ENCLOSED APPLICATION and forward to this office at the address above. Or fax a copy to the number 615-532-3056. I still have my copy of the original application and everything is answered. I have looked it over 100 times. I sent the fax over then waited a few hours and called. They said they did not get the fax. Of course this is not the 60's and my fax machine does tell me when a fax has gone through or not. But I bite my tongue and fax again. This time with the lady still on the phone. She gets the fax, goes through my paperwork and says all I need now is a copy of your handgun class certificate. I'm like "Are you kidding me? It would have been another 2 week wait for them to send me a letter telling me the DMV didn't sent that either! Luckily I had a copy and faxed it over as well. Before getting off the phone the lady assured me that everything was in order and nothing else was needed from me. That was on April 24 2012. It's now May 17 2012 and still no sign of my carry permit. I'm hopeful that it will be here any day now. I'm 39 and have never been in any trouble whatsoever. I've heard of 14 day turnarounds from friends of mine that recently got theirs. I'm checking the mail everyday like a kid at Christmas. Just can't imagine what the holdup could be. I also think its A shame to have a document with my photo, birth certificate, address and social security number floating around the DMV where only me and the instructor could speak English. Very unprofessional. Of course anyone that has visited the DMV in Nashville knows how friendly they are and their willingness to help.

Two to four weeks, depends on how fast the minimum wage state employees process it and how many they have to go through. Mine took about two and a half weeks, but I already have had extensive background checks at a federal nuke plant. Give it a couple more weeks. I checked the mailbox every day like a kid at Christmas, too :) good luck.

I think mine took 3-4 weeks in 2010. I'd just moved here from NC and since NC and TN permit requirements are so similar, mine was processed as a renewal. Saved me a few bucks.

Mine took a little less than four weeks. I did the fingerprinting electronically through a UPS store. That made it go a little quicker. Considering all the law enforcement agencies that have to sign off on it, I thought it went pretty quickly.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links