First Big Day - Page 2

First Big Day

This is a discussion on First Big Day within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hawkeye59 How does one know if posted sign is in compliance with requirements? pick up a copy of your states cc regs ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Big Day

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye59 View Post
    How does one know if posted sign is in compliance with requirements?
    pick up a copy of your states cc regs at the dps or court or go online to your sttes web site.
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

welcome to the club realitycramp
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Congrats
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Congrats!
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

VIP Member
    Congrats!

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    congrats!

Congrats! Stay safe and pick up some dog food for the new sheep dog in the house.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Conrad’s I too love to pocket carry.

After a year or so you’ll forget it’s there, and the only problem is over time you’ll fee naked when you forget it

VIP Member
    Simple fact is that when you carry in a location that is posted you are saying your rights are more important than theirs. It is this attitude that makes me sick when talking to other people that carry. Whether you like it or not, their property rights are every bit as important as your right to carry a firearm.

Whether they have to tell you as well as posting the sign is a matter of state law, and different places have different rules. You should be cautious to recommend that someone do anything that may be illegal in their state. No need to make someone act like a jerk and lose their permit just trying to act like a "big man" on a gun forum.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Whether you like it or not, their property rights are every bit as important as your right to carry a firearm.
    I guess it depends on how you define "important."

Letting us carry doesn't put anyone in danger, but not letting us carry puts us in danger.

It's irrelevant anyways because as far as I know the Walmart in my town in not posted.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Simple fact is that when you carry in a location that is posted you are saying your rights are more important than theirs. It is this attitude that makes me sick when talking to other people that carry. Whether you like it or not, their property rights are every bit as important as your right to carry a firearm.

Whether they have to tell you as well as posting the sign is a matter of state law, and different places have different rules. You should be cautious to recommend that someone do anything that may be illegal in their state. No need to make someone act like a jerk and lose their permit just trying to act like a "big man" on a gun forum.
    What a great first post! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to pee in your wheaties bud, but I am not acting like anything. I carry where it is legal and I keep my weapon concealed and my mouth shut. That isnt illegal despite what the business owner wants to post on a sign. My right to carry and protect myself is more important than obeying a posted sign that has absolutely no legal power over my right to carry. If I were to be outed, the owner can have me removed for trespassing, but absolutely no charges can be made against my having a concealed weapon on his property.

I also CLEARLY stated FIRST that I did not advocate breaking any laws. If it is indeed illegal in your area to carry onto private or public property, then dont carry there. But a sign alone doesnt make it illegal, it takes a state or federal LAW backing it up to make it illegal.

Still, if you prefer to unarm while you go shopping, be my guest. But, I guess if you are unarmed and are, for some reason, in need of your weapon while shopping you will then go to your car and get it? How is carrying concealed and quiet being a jerk?

Oh, I also want to thank you for your service!
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

At least in my state, you can legally carry in posted buildings (unless it's an airport, school or government building). But they can kick you out, or if it's your workplace, they can fire you of course.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    You made my point for me again. It isnt ILLEGAL to carry into these posted places. However, if exposed, you will likely be asked to leave and if you refuse, then you can be charged with other charges such as trespassing but there is no offense really committed just by carrying there. The law about signage is simply for the sake of the store owners rights. For him to "legally" post that you are not to have firearms on his property, he must, as a business owner, post signage that conforms to "state" or "federal" regulation. If his signage isnt in compliance, he basically has no cause to have you leave (is my understanding of this). It is similar to handicapped parking and access. These parking spaces and access areas must be "properly" marked according to regulation or they cannot enforce a "no parking/handicapped" reservation violation.

The duty to prevent firearms from being brought onto private business property is one of the business owner, not of the private armed citizen to discern.
    No I did not make your point for you. I gave two scenarios. One was that in some states, the law says that it is illegal to carry in a properly posted location

If you carry there, you can be arrested, charged and will certainly lose you license and quite likely do time as well. If the "Sign" doesn't conform then you can only be asked to leave and can only be arrested for trespassing if you refuse.

Big difference.

You don't have to believe me, but I still advise you not to carry in a legally posted location in Kansas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links