CCW Reciprocity Amendment - Please support(merged)

This is a discussion on CCW Reciprocity Amendment - Please support(merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry. This bothers me. I am really nervous about all inclusive federal gun laws. It would be good if we didn't have a Pelosi/Reid controlled ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW Reciprocity Amendment - Please support(merged)

Sorry. This bothers me. I am really nervous about all inclusive federal gun laws. It would be good if we didn't have a Pelosi/Reid controlled group of jerks. But they are involved so watch out for the various "amendments".

Here's one example of an amendment that Pelosi might propose -- "Nothing in this legislation shall be construed to mean that anyone within the borders of the United States of America shall be allowed to own or use a gun".

For the time being I'm much more comfortable with the FL legislature defining my rights.

2. Remove Ads

I've emailed my senators.

Done, Done, and Done.

done

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Hmm. It sounds good on the surface... as long as they stay away from federal regulation. It sounds more like they are just forcing states to cooperate with each other rather than imposing anything drastic.

Other than the strings attached sections, I'd like to hear someone get critical of this. Anyone want to play devil's advocate? Look for some unintended but possible consequences? I would myself but I'm not seeing anything on the surface.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Done!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Done, I believe this is a better option than a Federally issued CCW. I'd like to see how some of the Dems from pro-gun states vote on this. Anyone have any idea what the actual numbers are of reps and senators who will back this?
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Well, just the threat of this legislation my compel the individual states to start signing reciprocity agreements with everyone else to keep the feds out of the kitchen.

And I might hit the power ball jackpot this week.

Personally, I would like to see this happen if it stays as written. Driver requirements are different in every state, yet the license is recognized, why not CC.

Colorado driving rule. Two vehicles that meet on a one lane mountain road, the vehicle going uphill has the right of way, the vehicle going down is required to back up until a suitable spot to move over to have enough room for the vehicles to pass is located. I kind of doubt that Texas, Kansas and other flat states have that mentioned anywhere.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Sorry. This bothers me. I am really nervous about all inclusive federal gun laws. It would be good if we didn't have a Pelosi/Reid controlled group of jerks. But they are involved so watch out for the various "amendments".

Here's one example of an amendment that Pelosi might propose -- "Nothing in this legislation shall be construed to mean that anyone within the borders of the United States of America shall be allowed to own or use a gun".

For the time being I'm much more comfortable with the FL legislature defining my rights.
    I agree in that any time the feds get involved in anything we need to be careful because more than likely we will be getting screwed. This is just the first step in them taking over the carry laws and leading to a national CWP. Be very careful of what you wish for.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    done

VIP Member
    DONE.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Senator David Vitter (R-LA) has filed a pro-gun amendment to HR 980, and it
    could be voted on as early as tomorrow!
    Okay, question time young'uns. So this is a proposed amendment to HR 980. Does anyone here know what the main body of HR 980 is? Does anyone even care? I'm just sayin'....
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    And the answer is....

H.R. 980: Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007

To provide collective bargaining rights for public safety officers employed by States or their political subdivisions.
    Linkage
    H.R. 980: Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Okay, question time young'uns. So this is a proposed amendment to HR 980. Does anyone here know what the main body of HR 980 is? Does anyone even care? I'm just sayin'....
    Unfortunately, it seems the system works this way, by combining numerous issues into one bill. Clever legislators get their amendments passed by burying them somewhere.

I quickly read through HR980 and could not find Vitter's amendment. Did you see the language anywhere?

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links