Postage went up - Page 2

Postage went up

This is a discussion on Postage went up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; steve...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postage went up

won't take it

steve

won't take it

There was plenty of notice that stamps were going up on May 12th.

steve

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Due to the high cost of STORING your mail, you must now pay an extra penny.

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    There was plenty of notice that stamps were going up on May 12th.

steve
    ...and plenty of time for the post office to get enough make up stamps so they wouldn't run out of them...

Still cheaper than hand delivering the bills myself.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Administrator
    Why don't they just raise the price of mailing a letter to $5.00 and leave us alone for 25 years?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I pay all my bills online the only one I can't is the city water/trash that I have to mail in
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Double the cost of "junk mail" and those flyers and leave regular postage alone

I was a little surprised a couple of weeks ago when my wife came home and announced that she saved us some money by stopping by the post office and buying some forever stamps. I must admit though that I was somewhat stunned when she added that she bought a little over $80 worth.

Maybe next week I'll pick up at least $80 worth of ammo on the premise that ammo prices are also going up.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've still got about half a roll of .39 stamps so we've been adding the additional .02 stamp since the previous rate increase. I had to buy more of the .02s a couple weeks ago anyway so I bought 2 rolls' worth ($82) of the Forever Stamps while I was there. Heck, at this rate I won't have to buy stamps again for 5 years.

It hit me the other day that I was mailing out a few bills and without the addition .01 stamps all I could do was a .39 + (2) @ .02 each ... oh well, USPS got a few extra pennies that day.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I wonder what they'd do if you used a $0.41 one and then scotch-taped a penny just below it...
    They put a penny stamp on it for you. You can also tape the amount of the stamp to the envelope and they will replace it when it gets to the PO.
    At least 15 years ago they did when I played 1000 questions with a Post Master bc I was bored. In this wonderful world today, I don't think I would trust them to do that anymore.

I think that the .42 is still to cheap. Somebody walks to your door and checks to see if you have outgoing mail or not. If you have a letter in the box they take the letter and carries it most of the day until returning to the post office where it gets sorted and shipped to central hub and sorted again and shipped back and delveried to a house across the country or across the street for only .42. I could not do that for 42.00

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links