Who Knows Bob? - Page 2

Who Knows Bob?

This is a discussion on Who Knows Bob? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's May, which means we're restocking for 'cane season again. (Starts Jun 1) We're far enough inland to ride out anything up through Cat 4 ...

View Poll Results: Who has a BOB?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a BOB and its sitting there ready to go as I click YES

29 23.58%
  • Yes, I have a BOB, its nothing special, but its enough to get me out the door.

31 25.20%
  • No, not really although I could throw one together.

47 38.21%
  • No, are you a frickin paranoid zombie worrier?

21 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows Bob?

It's May, which means we're restocking for 'cane season again. (Starts Jun 1) We're far enough inland to ride out anything up through Cat 4 and stocked to wait a few weeks without moving. Could I throw most of it in the truck and haul? Yeh, and my huntin' gear would suffice for cover and camo in the field if need be ... but why? This place is built to do what it needs to do.

Don't have much protection from quakes (like they just had in 'bama) or sinkholes (which could happen anywhere 'round hhere). otherwise, we're okay. One advantage to growing up here is knowing how much food value there is in just a little bit of forest. Plenty of non-traditional veggies, natural spring water within a bicycle ride up the road, and o' course, squirrels aplenty if you know how to find 'em. Naw, I ain't buggin' out unless it's an NBC attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    Whats a BOB?

BoB = Bug Out Bag to almost everybody

Have heard it referred to as a Battery Operated Boyfriend by a family friend after her divorce...
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
    I'm with you on that one. My BOB may be ready but unless it's nuclear fallout; I AIN'T LEAVIN' !!!!! I've got supplies here besides the BOB for staying. Can't fit that generator in the ole' bag!
    thats right, im dug in like a tick

Nope. I'm not goin anywhere.

If we have to get out due to a weather emergency or some such thing, it'll be a simple matter to throw needed supplies together for the trip.

i got an alice pack for mine. nothing fancy just a wubby, 3 days food, poncho, 5 quart canteen, and such. its to work together with my old LBV i've had for ages.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Mine needs some finishing touches, but it's probably 90% complete. The supplemental truck supplies and emergency box for the house are further behind.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Yup I've got one. I agree with the poster's who've said they are staying put..mostly.
    But, I also keep a bag in each vehicle with clothes and shower stuff etc. after seeing families standing in the front yard at 3 AM in their skivvies while everything they own burns. It takes awhile for us to get the Salvation army or one of the churches to round up clothing for them and having a spare set of clothes,medicene,toys for the kids,etc. just seems logical to me. I hope I never need mine but it's nice to know I've got it.

My spouse...

3 days supplies...both of us...and medical supplies. I did this back before the "computer crash of 1-1-2000" was to happen. Now I update this stuff, added stuff, took stuff away and tweaked it. Now, for the last few years I'm just replacing things like the beef jerky, ammo, water. Not paranoid, just want to be ready when the SHTF. If it never does, it's only about a $50.00 investment yearly. My wife likes that I'm/we're prepared.

Administrator

Found a great item to add into mine.
    They are called Ready Baths.

They are a package of pre~wet washcloths (heavy duty 8" X 8" square) intended for hospital use for cleaning up patients that cannot be bathed.

They are not light cheap paper moist towelettes - they are quite substantial and very wet.

They are antibacterial - soothing - hypoallergenic - with a light moisturizer and no rinse necessary.

A great product and they don't take up much room at all.

Add a package of them to your BOB.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Where am I going to bug out to?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Michigian might have a ice glacier come racing to your home...so anywhere SOUTH

Thumbs up Iknow I need to put one together.

We live in an area where if the volcano erupted we would have to run fast. I'm talking about Mt. Rainier up in Washington which is 80 years over due. My husband and I have discussed this and with 3 kids we feel its a priority. We have jackets and a great survival kit in the car but we could do better. I had to read the posts to see what a BOB was.

mrsmichael I happen to know where "Our Mountain" is - I flew into there to go to LDAC last summer. Its a whole different world up there to a west virginia boy - even one that's been around the world a few times. :)Thanks QKShooter. That sounds like a definite add in.

I use my motorcycle backpack as my bob. It goes with me everywhere. No it doesn't contain triage bags or ammo packs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links