Who Knows Bob?

This is a discussion on Who Knows Bob? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering who has a BOB and who has something close but not quite?...

View Poll Results: Who has a BOB?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a BOB and its sitting there ready to go as I click YES

29 23.58%
  • Yes, I have a BOB, its nothing special, but its enough to get me out the door.

31 25.20%
  • No, not really although I could throw one together.

47 38.21%
  • No, are you a frickin paranoid zombie worrier?

21 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows Bob?

Who Knows Bob?

Just wondering who has a BOB and who has something close but not quite?

2. Remove Ads

I think there's one or two of these kind of threads around here somewhere. I did a quick search and found my last reply here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...71-post16.html
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

PM
    I voted I could throw one together if needed --- I do have my old jump kit from when I was an EMT in the trunk of my car so I am part way there. I would only need to grab the mags for the 9mm and in some case the gun and whatever else I felt I need to put it together. I can not carry at work and do not like to leave it in the car so the gun lives in the safe at home 5 days a week.

If you'd like help preparing a BOB, see my preparedness guide below or PM me via the site. Just returned from the Governor's Hurricane Conference and will be conducting a series of seminars in Florida this month...There's some really cool new stuff out there.......need food, water storage, solar power, I can help you understand the marketplace.....when you live prepared, you're prepared to live!

Got mine. I've gotta re-vamp it though. First child is due in less than 3 weeks! I believe there will definitely be some necessary changes.

Whats a BOB?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Bug Out Bag

Although we don't have a BOB...exactly...we do have supplies sorted and stacked on shelving. Food, water, medical stuff, etc. We could pack and run pretty quickly.
    Excluding nuke, chem, or bio problems...we plan on being right at home if the SHTF...

Stay armed...plan ahead...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
    Got mine. I've gotta re-vamp it though. First child is due in less than 3 weeks! I believe there will definitely be some necessary changes.
    yep, you need to make changes

I have one but I'm going to make changes myself
    I'm going to make a bag for me, the wife, and one for the little man (backpacks with individual food/snacks/water, other individual items like ammo, flashlights, radios), and I'm making one big one with other supplies (extra water, snacks, emergency tent/sleeping bags, AMMO, weapons accessories, etc; OTC medications, toilet paper, and other items I haven't completed yet)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I'm with you on that one. My BOB may be ready but unless it's nuclear fallout; I AIN'T LEAVIN' !!!!! I've got supplies here besides the BOB for staying. Can't fit that generator in the ole' bag!

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    yep, you need to make changes

I have one but I'm going to make changes myself
    I'm going to make a bag for me, the wife, and one for the little man (backpacks with individual food/snacks/water, other individual items like ammo, flashlights, radios), and I'm making one big one with other supplies (extra water, snacks, emergency tent/sleeping bags, AMMO, weapons accessories, etc; OTC medications, toilet paper, and other items I haven't completed yet)
    I think I may need to go ahead and start while I have a little extra time huh?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    yup. Got one. Here in NYC, it always seems like society is on the verge of collapse. Mostly just backpacking equipment and supplies, but given the city it's a little lite on weapons...

think you don't need this stuff...? check out the videos coming out of the China earthquake this week:

LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media

makes you think..... (I have a month of food and water in my apartment too)
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

TOF
    I have already bugged out. If the SHTF I just need to drop some trees and boulders to keep all you City folk from invading my space.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    I have already bugged out. If the SHTF I just need to drop some trees and boulders to keep all you City folk from invading my space.

I love that plan, sounds like something we could all take to heart.

VIP Member
    I know seven Bob's. One is my VP. Most of my Bob's are in California though, so not sitting here nearby. Sorry given the thread title I couldn't resist.

Short of my dwelling being uninhabitable I'm staying put. I travel for a living so if for some reason I would need to leave, it would take about 7 minutes to pack. If my place is uninhabitable then it won't matter about packing anyway, and if I had a bob it would likely be destroyed as well. So no matter either way.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links