Training and Safety - Page 2

Training and Safety

This is a discussion on Training and Safety within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark! The Blackhawk holsters have gotten some bad marks, first for locking up with gravel, now for requiring a manipulation ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!

The Blackhawk holsters have gotten some bad marks, first for locking up with gravel, now for requiring a manipulation with the trigger finger to defeat the retention.

Safariland seems to be the way to go for those required (yes, many Law Enforcement Agencies now require either a level two or level three retention holster for duty use).

But regardless of the holster used here, this incident shows poor trigger finger placement/training.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Gun class and first aid class together..........I'll pass.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Gun class and first aid class together..........I'll pass.
    Just a curosity question....Do firmarm instructors have to be certified in first aid as well? This comment got the hamsters spinning in my head

Quote Originally Posted by chilie View Post
    If I'm in a class where we will be drawing from holsters with a live gun, I want to know personally that all the other students know and practice the 4 rules.
    nobody should be in a class drawing guns with rounds in the chamber,good way for somebody to get shot,you wanta practice drawing ,unload you're gun or do it on the firing range
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    nobody should be in a class drawing guns with rounds in the chamber,good way for somebody to get shot,you wanta practice drawing ,unload you're gun or do it on the firing range

So you're against any type of advanced instruction then? Shooting schools like Gunsite, Blackwater, Thunder Ranch, Front Sight etal?

What about competition (IDPA, IPSC, etc., etc....). Sorry, but that's absurd. Practicing drawing/firing with live ammunition should be a part of everyone's training regimen IMHO.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keely110706 View Post
    Just a curosity question....Do firmarm instructors have to be certified in first aid as well? This comment got the hamsters spinning in my head
    Not mandatory in Texas but I am from all my years of training as an LEO and I am a First Responser at my work place (sort of a civilian EMT). A lot of tactical schools have a EMT on their staff.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links