Motorcycle carry? - Page 2

Motorcycle carry?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice photo of the Softail Doc! If I had it to do again, I'd go with a left-handed mount so I could keep my right ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle carry?

Nice photo of the Softail Doc! If I had it to do again, I'd go with a left-handed mount so I could keep my right hand on the throttle and draw the weapon if necessary.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

When I ride in the winter, my leather jacket has a pistol pocket that fits my Glock 26 nicely.

In spring and fall I ware mess jackets that have a zipper pocket that holds my Kel-Tec 380 or when it gets to hot to even ware those jackets, I carry the little Kel-Tec in a nemesis holster in my back pocket.

The Name to Trust in the leather industry!! - Barneys Leather - Homepage

Barney leather has all kinds of vest and jackets with build in pistol pockets.

Smartcarry.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Nice photo of the Softail Doc! If I had it to do again, I'd go with a left-handed mount so I could keep my right hand on the throttle and draw the weapon if necessary.
    That was the only reason I put a throttle lock on my bike.

DRLewall,

Nice setup! How do you manage the transfer from person to bike holster?

In a Safepacker, in my hard saddlebag (left side). I don't think I'll be doing any shooting from on the bike either. I'll have to dismount to reach my pistol but, it's better than not being armed at all.

Dan

Lead Moderator
    Guess being LH'ed finally pays off
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoShoots View Post
    DRLewall,

Nice setup! How do you manage the transfer from person to bike holster?
    It's not that hard to do..just do a little squat, like your'e ckecking tire pressure or such and do the transfer..and if you have a passenger handy, they can always block for ya.

I wanted this locking holster to mount on the kickstand side as the angle of the bike would kind of shield it whereas mounted on the other side, it would be out there for all to gander upon.
    "Brains before Bullets"

The Road Warrior holster DrLewall has shown is MUCH more secure than any locking saddlebags. I can pry one of those open with a screwdriver. This on-bike holster cannot be removed when the gun is in the holster. The gun is secured by a steel pin inserted through the trigger guard. The only drawback is the magazine (with a 1911 anyway). I do remove it and stick it in my pocket since you can reach the magazine release.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

On my Duc's it is a very foward riding position and also my jackets dont cover the belt line. I either jacket carry a Tomcat or sometimes a 442 in a shoulder rig. But either way, I cannot really access the weapon while on my bike very well. I carry it mostly for when I'm off the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    So how do you all carry while riding? My bike jacket doesn't cover below the belt line much. Probably less while leaning forward. The only realistic carry option I can figure is Shoulder rig. Any other options ?
    There are a couple of motorcycle jackets that accommodate carry. A fanny pack, or even one of Maxpedition Versipacks does not look out of place for some one on a bike. Lots of guys I know ankle carry just so they have something easy to reach while riding, others pocket carry. Those are normally small guns but as the saying goes the .380 you have on you is far superior to the .45 you can not carry. I've carried IWB with my shirt untucked so it hangs out below my jacket, looks sloppy but does conceal.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I'm still trying to figure out best set up for summer bike carry. Right now I have a couple pair of cargo pants with nice, heavy, cargo pockets and carrying my J frame, so far has gone pretty well. On my cruiser, no problems but on my corner carver I'm concerned that if I lowside I will grind up my J frame that would sadden me, so I am still working on a better set up for sport riding.

I have an LCP so it fits in my jacket pocket very nicely when I'm on the crotch rocket. If I decide to carry my M&P I use a shoulder holster. It can be a pain in the butt when you go to eat w/ a shoulder holster, so 99% of the time I carry the LCP.

One thing you have to be careful of is denting the tank if you carry in your front pocket on a crotch rocket with the fwd riding position. My buddy dented his tank in 3 spots carrying his Kel-Tec 9mm in his front pocket (which as you know is not a big gun). The butt of the gun was hitting the tank and he didn't even realize it. Not good!

owb holster, shoulder holster, and/or jacket pocket carry with a p3at.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Heritage rider here. I carry a 1911 in a Milt Sparks SSII IWB holster. Normally wearing a wife beater undershirt with a long waisted pull over shirt. The shirt if you get one long enough can be secured from riding up in the wind by just pulling a portion of it under your belt infront of the holster. When I get off the bike I just pull that portion of the shirt out and it looks fine.
    I have found Carhart pullover shirts to be plenty long with no shrinkage as of yet. I buy a size to large for this.

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links