Moving from NY to Tampa - Page 2

Moving from NY to Tampa

This is a discussion on Moving from NY to Tampa within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Until recently in SC you were required to list all of your "run-ins" with the law including traffic fines when applying for a CWP. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Until recently in SC you were required to list all of your "run-ins" with the law including traffic fines when applying for a CWP. The emphasis was as much on that you actually listed everything than what the incident were. If you left something off whether it be a reason for denial or not was grounds for denial, submitting a false application. When you apply go ahead and list it because they are going to find out anyway and it will just cause delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Sig View Post
    Google US Code Sec. !8 and then print out the part about transporting
    firearms. That should calm Mom somewhat.The route on I 81 seems best.Stay out of NJ if at all possible.
    Hugh
    I googled this code as its written and it is coming up about illegal aliens and flag disrespect. Am I missing somthing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Until recently in SC you were required to list all of your "run-ins" with the law including traffic fines when applying for a CWP. The emphasis was as much on that you actually listed everything than what the incident were. If you left something off whether it be a reason for denial or not was grounds for denial, submitting a false application. When you apply go ahead and list it because they are going to find out anyway and it will just cause delays.
    Bad advice for FL permit.
    Answer the questions they ask you. No others.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    FOPA permits you to transport guns, locked in CASES, ammo locked separately. Should be stored in trunk or back area of SUV out of reach of passengers.

Since it is Fed Law, everyplace but NY abides by it with "safe passage". Since you have a NY permit, you are good to go anywhere by NYC.
    Last edited by LenS; May 19th, 2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Our NY permits are VERY restrictive. As mentioned above, checkout handgunlaw.us for some very good info. And diito, STAY AWAY from Jersey, DC and other restricted areas.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Ya, I dont plan on carrying on the way. My worry was the transport itself. My other concern is where ever we stop over night. I do not what to leave them in the truck. It may however look funny carrying 2 pistol cases and an ar-15 case which includes an ar and kel tect sub2000 into the hotel.

The Hotel

Assuming that you take I-81/75 south, the only place not to stop is PRMD.

As to taking the firepower into the hotel room, keep in mind that you are NOT in PRNY anymore. The social expectations are different. You might be weird before you cross into PA, but after that (other than PRMD) it is not a issue. As long as you can possess at both ends of a journey that starts at home and ends in a hotel, you will have no problems.

If you get your permit, check and see where you can carry, so you can get used to carrying.

You should remove anything that a smash and grab cretin would want, like electronics, and take them into the room also. Pack your bags so you have just what you need to sleep in the room for the night and get ready to go the next morning, and have these bags easy to access.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Bad advice for FL permit.
    Answer the questions they ask you. No others.
    What if they ask you if you have ever been arrested and what was the result?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links