Question: Why Wal-Mart as Rite-of-Passage? - Page 4

Question: Why Wal-Mart as Rite-of-Passage?

This is a discussion on Question: Why Wal-Mart as Rite-of-Passage? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In order to create and promote a feeling of community and mutual experience, the WW trip is required of all DC members. You see, when ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    In order to create and promote a feeling of community and mutual experience, the WW trip is required of all DC members. You see, when people share like experiences they become a community of people who are bonded through tradition and brotherhood. Like fine steel, forged, hammered, and then polished to a high sheen, so too does the newby come full circle and fulfill his destiny when he sloggs along through China Mart, binges on Nachos and then heads home with some Rolaids and ammo in tow.

DC members come from diffferent walks of life, carry different guns, live in different surroundings etc., but it is this one crucible if you will, this one time honored tradition that brings us all together and reminds those who have been around for awhile what it felt like to be a newby CHL holder.

Plus, it's been the source of a heck of a lot of laughs for me. Especially the map complete with instructions and the numerous nacho reports. I seem to remember laughing myself to tears a couple of times RE a WW report.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

OK, sgtD, that makes sense to me. I don't remember anything special about my first walk through WW, it just seemed like any other place to stay safe in. But I now understand the concept!

This has been a very interesting thread!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Gotta look a little closer. Last night I looked while shopping, where would I find the nachos... Turns out, our Wal-Mart has a Subway too. And they've got the "traditional" Wal-Mart "edibles" there, Slussie, Nachos, etc. all inside the Subway! (I still skipped the Nachos.... but then, I've been carrying for like 20+ years ).
    I will check it out, and make a sacrifice for the greater good of the first walk while carrying and get some nachos..

The unfortunate part about my Wal-Mart as I went in there the other day to check out ammo is... they stopped selling firearms, and the ammo section is shrinking by the minute :(

I'm not a regular WW shopper... I actually try and avoid them, but they have the best price around on ammo sometimes. But everyone here is talking about nachos, and I don't remember ever seeing them.

Now I have to make a special trip to check this out. But, are you all saying that the nachos are good... or bad?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

Now I have to make a special trip to check this out. But, are you all saying that the nachos are good... or bad?

Here's the map!

And the Ladies also have their map showing how much harder they have it in real life.

IIRC, the nacho thing was also a test regarding your ability to maintain a firm grip when your hand is covered with a sticky/greasy substance. Since Nachos are getting harder to get, french fries or apple pie from McD's were deemed acceptable substitutes and for those with Subways available I guess italian dressing would be good enough.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

-- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    IMO i don't feel it HAS to be walmart...I am partial to Meijers myself...they are only MI based, so I feel like I am supporting my 'local' economy.
    I think it has to do with going to a place with alot of people and activity to show you the amount of true sheeple, and that people really don't notice the new 'lump' on your side. it also kick starts your 'new found' situational awareness.
    Honestly, I am not a fan of wally world, but I do find myself there for cheap ammo once in a while.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Because WM is "the man" and we have to stick it to the man.

Nachos were a tradition started accidentally by a CCW long, long ago!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links