Defensive Carry banner

No Wally World for me, yet!

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Shotgun Willie 
#1 ·
My wife and I finally received our permits last Saturday. :danceban:

However, she wouldn't let me order my holster at the beginning of the year due to her misunderstanding how custom orders work. After a heated discussion this morning and clearing up the misunderstanding, I finally ordered from Kevin today. I still don't understand what the issue is or was but, nevertheless, now I must wait longer to go through the rite of passage. I have the gun, I have the permit, but I don't have my holster. Arrgh! Oh well, I am excited to be getting leather from Kevin. Heard nothing but good about him and his work.

Sorry, I didn't really intend to rant, just wanted to tell someone that cares that I got my permit and I ordered my custom leather.

#9 ·
Well, look at it this way...
If an attempted BG decides to take your wallet, he won't care if you have a quality holster or a cheap 'get me by'...but he will care if you can defend yourself with a firearm...get the cheapie for the wait...:yup:

Stay armed...at least have it with you...stay safe!

#10 ·
Get a Fobus Paddle. In spite of all the "garbage" talk I have used them for over 10 years when I find it more convenient to slip on a paddle. If you want an excellent, but more expensive Kydex go for Comp-tac. I have a couple of their paddle holsters, and normally they can get one to you in about a week the last time I heard. They are really nice to deal with.
Comp-Tac

In time your K&D holsters will come, and Kevin does outstanding work. I think that from time to time you will find the Kydex paddle holsters useful. I use them for the range most of the time.

Best,
Jerry

#11 ·
Galco makes some nice holsters too, and readily available in most gun stores. I like the Serpa holsters from Blackhawk myself, and use one often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.