Defensive Carry banner

Wife might finally be coming around.

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  press1280 
#1 ·
Well today my wife finally said "maybe I need to get my carry permit". My response to her was your going to take the class this fall when I have to go to do my renewal.

What brought this about was as we were leaving work today I locked the back door as usual and unlocked her door on the Jeep, then went around and opened my door. Not realizing that my door wasn't locked. Then she asked me what this was in her seat. Well it happened to be the cushion from the armrest on the console. Next I noticed a piece of plastic and got to looking where it came from. Well it was from the dash right around the faceplate of the cd player. Well the faceplate was missing, they didn't get the stereo but it don't work without the faceplate, or the remote that they stole.

The only got about 5 bucks of change, and a faceplate, and remote they can't use, but the did ruin the window mechanism on my door and some dash plastic.

I have been telling her that she needed to get her permit but she has been reluctant. This incident comes on heels of a breakin at our neighbors behind us last wednesday afternoon.

It looks like with the economy in a slump folks are looking to others for their livelyhood.

I do have to say that the officer that responded, happens to be one of my clients, was very nice and professional. Gave him my CHL with my DL and all he said was you can have this back, CHL, do you have a gun now? My response was yes, and that was the end of that discussion.

Hope tomorrow is better. But looking forward to taking the class with the wife this fall.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well I am really sorry to hear that you had to live through that. But also I want to congratulate you that your wife is going to go the mile for the permit.
I am lucky that I have never had anything like that happen me or been in any situation that would cause me to use a firearm.
However, I am proud and glad to know that I am able to use a firearm (and I must add I can use it well...hehe :danceban:) in case I ever have to come across the event I may need it.
Once your wife does get it, she will start to think..."How did I ever live without having the security I have now?" At least that is how I feel.
So once again, Congrats and my condolences.:hand10:

#3 ·
My wife is still reluctant
But...

A month or so ago she came out of a Church meeting downtown and had to take care of a phone-call while sitting in her car in the parking lot
While she was sitting there she looked up and was "Flashed" by some guy who took off
The Police were called and I don't think they found him

When she came home first I made sure she was OK
the said "you know you WILL be getting your permit"

I could tell she still wasn't crazy about the idea but she said
"Yeah, I know"

Which for her is a major step

#4 ·
So I guess we should blame flashers, and rapists on "the economy"?

uh.....

Seems to me that people engage in immoral, and lawless behavior under any economic circumstances.

I can't believe that times are really so bad when enterprising panhandlers can make $200 a day begging at freeway ramps.

--Travis--

#5 ·
We all know that sometimes it takes an incident to get our attention. We are all happy to know that it was no worse than it was, and we know both of you will now be able to respond going forward if need be.

#6 ·
If that's all it takes to get a wife to carry, does anyone know of a person that I can hire to break into my car or the wife's suv and do minimum damage??? I will pay top dollar for that service if it gets the wife to carry.:rofl::rofl:

Z

#8 ·
I'm glad to hear she's coming around.

My wife just three and a half months ago would cry at the sight of my handgun. Forget touching it. Then she had a situation at work that really shook her up. Over the course of a week a customer came in and purchased $500 - $900 worth of clothing each trip with a total of 4 or 5 trips. Each time he paid with a check, which the register forced a call to chek-systems or some similar system.

Eventually the payment went through and all was well. On a whim after the final trip in, she called the corporate office of the store she works for and talked with someone in Loss Prevention to find out if she was just being paranoid, or if things really weren't kosher. It turns out that when the LP department called the bank, the real Mr. WhoeverHeWas was there dealing with a stolen identity.

My wife has a fairly uncommon last name, and knows these types of criminals typically work in groups. It worried her that he, or his friends might try to track down where we live.

Needless to say she wanted to learn to at least safely handle and shoot my firearms. Which has since turned into a health addiction of feeding --> her <-- 9mm 750 - 1500 rounds a month. We have both applied for, and have our Lifetime Carry Licenses, God Bless The Indiana Legislature, and have taken 2 fighting pistol type courses.

Now if only she'd actually buy a concealment rig or two, and actually carry her Sig with her when she leaves the house........

Our one saving grace is she doesn't drive, so I'm usually with her if she's not at the store.

Either way give your wife time, I'm sure she'll come around the rest of the way.

#9 ·
All it takes is one bad situation to bring the other side over to ours!

#12 ·
FWIW......

I got tired of waiting and gave my wife a certificate for her cc class for Christmas. She now has her ccw and we're looking for her own carry piece.

Sometimes it just takes a little push.....

#13 ·
Slowly working on mine, but she's got the impression people only get attacked in shady neighborhoods.
Of course, at a Subway the other day some thugs walked in and she wispered if I was carrying. I said no, because we were on our way to friggin' NJ!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.