Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters? - Page 2

Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters?

This is a discussion on Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been carrying a pistol my whole adult life, (30 plus years) and with exception of entering a court house, Iíve never been asked credentials. If ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters?

Been carrying a pistol my whole adult life, (30 plus years) and with exception of entering a court house, Iíve never been asked credentials. If you keep your carry concealed no one is ever going to know your armed, and therefore, they would have no reason to ask you for your CCL.

Long story short, I donít care if itís legal or not.
    Any one dim-witted enough to open carry in metro Atlanta is asking for trouble.

While I see violations all the time, in the state of Florida according to FDLE policy even LEOís not in uniform are required if they are carrying to keep the pistol concealed.

I keep my CCL behind my driverís license.

VIP Member
    I've removed every non essential card and picture from my wallet and now carry a thin Front Pocket Wallet, much better way to carry a wallet. My permit is behind my license in one outside pocket.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I've removed every non essential card and picture from my wallet and now carry a thin Front Pocket Wallet, much better way to carry a wallet. My permit is behind my license in one outside pocket.
    exactly what I am doing. A couple credit cards, drivers license and permit.

The only encounters I had with LEO after starting to carry have been initiated by me. I got a somewhat open drug market close by, and call them in whenever I see activity. Sometimes, the officer comes to my house to get details. I leave my gun inside when I get out just to avoid any issues. I haven't been asked for an ID in a long time in these cases.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Driver license, DoD ID, HCP, Student ID (with 1986 Quarter piece taped) all go together in that order in my wallet. Someone mentioned photocopies of all my cards. In my first-aid kit, I keep a photocopy of those ID cards (front & back), my insurance cards, and serial numbers to all the guns that I might have in my truck.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I keep my permit, Id and debit card in a separate wallet (business card holder). Reason being I was doing a delivery when I guy hiding in a bush jumped out with a gun and took my wallet (it gets real expensive to replace all those ids). So now I keep a throw away wallet in my back pocket and keep my important id's in a smart carry or hidden pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    i keep my cpl,drivers license,credit cards in small i.d. case.in coat or shirt
    pocket so its easy acsess in the event i need to present to leo.
    i keep throw away wallet in pants pocket with a couple dollars just
    in case (no great loss with throw away wallet).
    I am going to get a new wallet, and use my old beaten up one as a decoy... with some $1 bills

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    It's also handy to have photocopies of everything in your wallet. It helps to remember what needs replaced. It's handy to carry while you are waiting for replacements in case of LE encounters.
    Here in Texas, from what I understand, if you loose your license of it's stolen, you're not allowed to carry until you have the replacement in hand. But when I get mine, I plan on copying it and keeping the copy under the seat of my motorcycle, just like I do with my driver's licesne and other important papers, just in case.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    now carry a thin Front Pocket Wallet, much better way to carry a wallet.
    A leather business card holder is perfect for this, small enough to fit in the front pocket and not confuse the ladies as excitement but fits DL and credit cards fine, it also allows you to fold cash in half and carry it in there. Plus the leather will last a long time, as opposed to pleather or some sort of material. I've had my wallet (business card holder) for over 15 years and still going strong, just like a good Zippo or Montblanc pen it just keeps on working for me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I carry it in my wallet. I have only had 1 LEO encounter & he did'nt so much care, he just said "ok" after i told him. I did how ever already have it out w/my drivers license when he approached the car....
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

I have a wallet, with a removable flap that is called a "ramp check" wallet. It's used by pilots to carry their certificates. I keep my CCW in there as well, so I don't have to tinker with my enter wallet. Just pull out the ramp pass and hand it over, if asked. Here's some more info, if you're interested:

AOPA ID Wallet with Ramp Pass Insert - Sporty's Pilot Shop
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

In my wallet.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

In my wallet right behind my drivers license.

i love those unwritten crimes in both the north and the south;

DWB; driving while black
    and my favorite; BMWAG Black Man With a Guns

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Mine is in my wallet, right behind a credit card and my NRA card.

IN issues a license that is printed on thin pink paper which is about as substantial as toilet tissue.

Even laminated it is not very durable.

In my wallet, behind my Drivers License.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links