Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters?

This is a discussion on Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a super thin bi-fold leather money clip...money in the clip and only four other items...driver's license, firearm's license, one credit card, and my ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your permit when you carry? How were your LEO encounters?

I have a super thin bi-fold leather money clip...money in the clip and only four other items...driver's license, firearm's license, one credit card, and my BC/BS card...that's all...like I said, very thin!

Stay armed...use a thin wallet...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Talking carry ........

I carry an all-ett wallet. They are VERY Thin but I still carry my CDL & CHL in an ID Badge Holder and Lanyard around my neck under my shirt , you can get at Office Max. I carry an extra wallet with a couple of bucks and just junk to fill it up as a throw down wallet. My good wallet I carry in another pocket. In case that wallet is stolen, I STILL have my CDL and CHL .

In a tactical ID case that is also bullet proof and can be expanded to cover my vital areas. I keep the whole thing on my belt right next to my CCW badge. That way the LEO knows right off that I am a good guy. It also aides me when I have to make citizens arrests of jay walkers and the like!

Seriously though, it is in my wallet, right behind my DL. No big deal. The one time I have had any interaction with the police, I did not inform him as TN is not a state that it is required. So, it went fine.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Carry permit is in my wallet under my departmental id. Depending on where I am going and the states policy on informing a leo, I will hand it to the officer with my dl.
    One more step and it's on!

1943 - 2009
    In a tactical ID case that is also bullet proof and can be expanded to cover my vital areas.
    Cool! I gotta get one of these!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    Mine is a big laminated thing with a stamp on it with the signature of the probate Judge who issued it... though I figure that the wallet would be a good enough place, I never placed mine in there because of several reasons:

1. What if I lose my entire wallet (for whatever reason), I would have to go through the entire process, and I took me 3 months to get it... so I want to minimize that possibility.

2. If police knew I was armed and wanted to see my permit, I don't want to make it look I was reaching for my waist (where my gun is holstered in a cross draw possition) OR pocket (which could also hold a firearm.) to get the permit... what if the cop was jittery?

One guy I knew from the same county in the Metro area had been open carrying and a cop DREW ON HIM from the back and ask him to put his hands on his head (one of those ignorant police officers who never knew it was legal to do so), they even took him down and hand cuffed him.... so considering some police officers are like that around in this county, I have to take extra precautions.

Any how, I keep my carry license inside a neck ID card holder like this one here:
    http://www.kkws4u.com/ssimages/store/3200svthumb.JPG

Because since I got reports if of police drawing guns and tazing LEGALLY armed citizens who are open carrying around Metro Atlanta (a lot of making "man with gun calls") and ignorant cops, I ain't taking no chances reaching for anything that will be mistaken for a gun in pocket or waste.

How has your LEO encounters been? I am ESPECIALLY interested in getting reports from people who live in large cities with large flocks of
    Those open carrying, which I believe in, are going to be targeted right away. Unfortunately, a lot of what happens to these guys depends on how they act to LEOs. If they cop an attitude, it's automatic that they'll be arrested. Gotta be cool at all times. There's LEOs in here reading our posts. I want them to know that obeying their instructions is first and foremost. If people would just do that, it would, not only make their jobs easier, but it would save a lot of lives.

I will also stick my neck out and state that some of the LEOs instructions are too complicated. I have seen on TRU TV where the suspects involved did not understand the officer's instructions. They have to make it as simple as possible.

If we get stopped here in Texas and the officer ask for your DL you are required to hand him your CHL(CCL) as well. So, I keep them together in my wallet at all times. I have been pulled over for a tail light out and I gave the officer both forms of indentification and I had no problems. He came back to the truck and sent me on my way.

Great thread; I now have a "ramp pass" setup in my wallet thanks to an earlier suggestion. (I also keep my insurance/ veh. registration in the passenger-side sun visor now so there will never be a "digging around in the glovebox" moment.)

Thanks, DC.
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    One guy I knew from the same county in the Metro area had been open carrying and a cop DREW ON HIM from the back and ask him to put his hands on his head (one of those ignorant police officers who never knew it was legal to do so), they even took him down and hand cuffed him.... so considering some police officers are like that around in this county, I have to take extra precautions.
    Someone other than the Mike we both know over in DeKalb got drew down on?

Note to self: stay away from Decatur while carrying.

I haven't had any LE experiences either way and aim to keep it that way. I always carry my GFL behind my DL. In GA, you have to have your GFL with you at all times. You'd be charged with unlawful carrying a firearm as a license holder if you were caught without it.
    Last edited by Moga; June 8th, 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

I carry mine in this...

"It ain't all the things we don't know that causes all the trouble. It's all the things we do know that ain't so!"
    Kimber Tactical Pro II
    Glock 26
    Colt Model 70 (1976 Mfg.)
    Tucker Gunleather "Work of Art" (Soon)

In my wallet behind my drivers license.

In my wallet, but not near my driver's license. If I have to give ID to a cop, I dont want them to spot the LTC.... Of course I *could* show it at my discresion, but I'll reserve that decision - and option

I carry mine in my wallet with driver ID, 2 LEO encounters both very professional.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Wallet, covered up behind my drivers license. I've had maybe.. geez.. half a dozen encounters with LEO's either about my carry or just in general. 3 or 4 were just officers shootin' the breeze in Quizno's with myself and friends. Other times were traffic stops or answering questions. Not a one seemed to make a deal out of my carrying. One guy seemed like he couldn't care less (answering questions as a witness). Most of them ask me why I carry.. which I have no problem with either. All of them were very polite and professional - but then again I don't think I've had a bad run-in with LEO's. Knock on wood.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links