Nevada Nonresident CCW Permit Received

This is a discussion on Nevada Nonresident CCW Permit Received within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally, it has arrived! The Washoe County Sheriff's Offfice sent my nonresident CCW permit. This is my first permit since I can't get one here ...

Thread: Nevada Nonresident CCW Permit Received

Nevada Nonresident CCW Permit Received

Finally, it has arrived! The Washoe County Sheriff's Offfice sent my nonresident CCW permit. This is my first permit since I can't get one here in Santa Cruz County, CA. It took 72 days. I took the CCW instruction with Semper Firearms on March 12, submitted the application early the next day.

When I took the CCW class, I was told that the Nevada CCW permits expire on the fifth anniversary of the permittee's birthday nearest the date of issuance or renewal. The issue date of the permit is 4/4/08 and the expiration date is 4/4/13. My birthday is November 26. Is the expiration date correct? It seems to contradict the question on the written exam.

2. Remove Ads

congratulations and good for you. I can attest that the waiting is the hardest part of it all.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I believe they changed the expiry procedure from birthdate, to actual date of issue.

Quote Originally Posted by packin View Post
    congratulations and good for you. I can attest that the waiting is the hardest part of it all.

Thanks!

You're telling me! Lisa Lane, the person that handles the CCW permits for Washoe County, told me that it should be 60 days. After 67, I started to worry, even though they are allowed 120 days. I knew that I have no criminal record and it's even been 15 years since I got a ticket. I started to think that they were going to send me a notice that the Live Scan fingerprinting had to be done over. Oh well, it's a done deal now.

I am still waiting for the Utah permit to arrive. Thursday, the 29th will be the 60th day.

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    My birthday is November 26.
    We share a birthday.

Congrats on your new permit. I was told when I took the class that it is now 5 years from date of issuance.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Congratulations. Those should cover a lot of States. Hopefully the climate in California will improve in the future, they can't ignore the national trend forever (I hope!).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by eethomas View Post
    Congrats on your new permit. I was told when I took the class that it is now 5 years from date of issuance.
    I know that the CCW instructor told us that the nonresident CCW is now good for 5 years. I must have misunderstood the expiration date. It doesn't matter. I don't mind taking the renewal course. Semper Firearms in Sparks is really good.

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by notagangsta View Post
    We share a birthday.

Cool! I like to joke about it when our birthday falls on Thanksgiving! It's not because of the Pilgrims, it's about us! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Congratulations. Those should cover a lot of States. Hopefully the climate in California will improve in the future, they can't ignore the national trend forever (I hope!).
    Thanks! God help us in California! I don't see it happening though. Some counties are lucky, though. They can get CCWs. Here I am, a NRA Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association Life Member, NRA-ILA and CCRKBA annual contributor. I'm already considered a radical here when all I want to do is to be able to shoot recreationally and defend myself.

My brother and his family live in Nevada. We took the CCW training together. I am going to move there, but it's going to take time. Family and financial obligations are preventing it right now. I am sure it's the same for a lot of people.

In the meantime, I will take what I can get. Thanks to Nevada for the opportunity to get a CCW! When someone is denied a right that is considered a privilege, you appreciate it more. I am happy for those who live in shall issue states. Don't ever let the politicians take it away. It starts with small things and the next thing you know, you have no gun rights at all.

I am still waiting for my nonresident Utah. The instructor is certified for Utah CCW instruction and it would only cost an additional $15. He didn't have to twist my arm. I am thankful to the state of Utah too. The 60 day limit is Thursday, the 29th. If it comes a week later, I won't *****. Believe me, it could take 6 months and I wouldn't complain, even though it's 4 months late. Better late than never.

You wouldn't catch me in california
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

permit

congrads a your permit. nov.26 is my b-day also.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Links