What's it called in your State?

This is a discussion on What's it called in your State? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by hinkleid Idaho : CWL (Concealed Weapons License), almost identical to driver license. Including the number. You can carry anything that is legal ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's it called in your State?

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Idaho: CWL (Concealed Weapons License), almost identical to driver license.
    Including the number.
    You can carry anything that is legal in Idaho.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Actually in Mississippi it is just Firearms Permit. You can open carry with a permit.
    We should be allowed to open carry without a permit, It's in our constitution , but the A.G. has stated that a gun worn in a holster is partially concealed
    So you have to get a permit, and wear it where you like
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    it's GFL in georgia--Georgia Firearms License.

i don't really like that title, because it sounds like you HAVE to have one to own a firearm (which many who are unfamiliar with the law hear that and assume you do). can't wait to bypass the paperwork with it next time i buy a gun :)

I asked about that in Oregon, sadly, nothing changes when purchasing a firearm if you get your CHL (concealed handgun license).

And according to our Sheriff, Oregon is completely open carry with or without a CHL. Some people say that you can't open carry in certain cities....sort of that old "we make our own rules" sort of thing.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly
    sort of that old "we make our own rules" sort of thing.
    That works real well. Until someone finally has enough and takes the issue to court.

Our local PD's made a habit of setting their own hours to accept "pistol safety inspections" (Michigan's defacto registration). An example was my Township's "Tues and Thurs. from 9-12 and 1-3:30". Which they promptly cut to one day only when a millage didn't pass.

Only trouble was, there is a law on the books that states they must make this "service" available without undue something or other ( Okay, not sure exactly what it says, but the gist is they can't restrict it ).

Someone sued one of the jurisdictions, and they were ordered by the court to make such inspections available during all normal business operating hours. So, we can now register our pistols anytime the local records dept. is open (Mon.-Fri, 9:00- 4:00 I think it is).

My point here, I know OC is a touchy subject with many, and many gun rights activists don't want to see it shoved down the sheep's throats, as that will just further frighten them (the OCer's contend that in fact getting used to seeing OC without incident will calm the sheep- I can see logic in both sides of this one).

Point is, the old standby of the attitude "we make our own rules" is against the law, and should not be tolerated. That is one way rights have eroded to the point they have in this country. First they decide on their own. Then they make it legal. If we stop them by using the law, before they've passed a new law, it is that much easier to preserve the lawfulness of exercising our rights.

I hate it when a bureaucracy takes it upon themselves to subvert the law by making up their own law (I guess that kinda shows, huh? ). How dare they! Rant off.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Connecticut: State permit to carry pistols and revolvers.

WV-concealed pistol or revolver permit. Open carry legal with or without permit(except Charleston). Only prohibited areas are the usual government buildings,as well as within a few feet of the window where you pick up the permit(the county shares a building with someone else but puts up a no firearms sign right before you get to the counter).
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Here in North Carolina its called a Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP)

Here in Vermont, it's called the the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution !!

Nothing else required..

Kevin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links