Hehehe - Page 2

Hehehe

This is a discussion on Hehehe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by slayer Never tell anyone that you carry.We got a new HR manager at work and some dumb ass told that I carry.Luckly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Hehehe

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array dunndw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
    Never tell anyone that you carry.We got a new HR manager at work and some dumb ass told that I carry.Luckly the owners son told me she was going to search me.
    1. Is that legal?
    2. Is she cute enough for you to not mind so much

    I can't see letting some HR drone put hands on me for any reason...neither can my wife :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."


  2. #17
    Member Array mrhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    202
    this guy knows how to keep a secret. he understands my circumstances, and he's been friends with me longer than the owners of the store. i've already brought the idea up with the owners, because from the way they talked after we got robbed a couple of years ago i thought they would be all for it. but they aren't, and it's not because they're worrried about me, and the owner doesn't care too much, it's his wife who's paranoid that someone would take my gun and use it. that's the only reason she said for me, anyway. my coworker, who spends time with them outside of work (they are the same age, i'm 10 years younger) tells me that he's heard them saying i'm crazy if i think i'll be bringing a gun to work. so now they won't find out i have a gun unless i have to use it, and that will only be if i feel threatened, not for the sake of their money. but i'm not risking my life for $9/hour and the $200 in the cash drawer--if i see a gun, i'm shooting.

  3. #18
    Member Array TonyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Schodack NY
    Posts
    284
    Personally,unless it's stated in a "rule book"I wouldn't even bring it up.No news is good news.The only time most people should know you're carrying is when you pull it to defned yourself.YMMV.I don't carry at my full time job(state run mental hosp.)but I do at my part time(retail)..if the pt job found out,I'd be fired..but for the $9/hour they are paying my,I'll take my chances..again the only time they'll find out is if I "need it"
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

  4. #19
    Member Array HKP30's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    The holster choice helps a lot.
    Couldn't agree more. The P30 isn't exactly a compact pocket pistol. Three weeks later and nobody at work has noticed at all.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

  5. #20
    Member Array DarinD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Franklin County, PA
    Posts
    156
    You all that can don't know how lucky you are!
    Life is too short, stop to smell the roses and don't let anyone take it away from you!

  6. #21
    Member Array mrhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Personally,unless it's stated in a "rule book"I wouldn't even bring it up.No news is good news.The only time most people should know you're carrying is when you pull it to defned yourself.YMMV.I don't carry at my full time job(state run mental hosp.)but I do at my part time(retail)..if the pt job found out,I'd be fired..but for the $9/hour they are paying my,I'll take my chances..again the only time they'll find out is if I "need it"
    yeah i'm one of 2 employees, and they've practically made me their equal, and if they fired me they'd have a hard time replacing me (we're an aquarium store, and finding people in that specialty that don't have other jobs is challenging). worst that would happen is that the wife would fuss at me and tell me to put it in the car, then i would just keep the 642 in my pocket and lie if asked. not like they're going to pat me down every day lol. but i'm left alone at the store for a few hours each week, and in the area i'm in i definitely want to be armed.

    the guy who used to own the chinese restaurant across the street was shot over $50 last year, we were robbed 1 1/2 years ago, almost robbed 2 more times (by people just trying to get in the register when we weren't looking), and our neighbor was robbed last month. several of our clients are also obvious drug dealers (come in wreaking of marijuana, wearing gold cannabis leaf jewelry, pull out a giant wad of 20's when they pay for anything) and some other shady characters in the area. had a crazy woman come in the store last year and rant about how her kids and george bush are trying to kill her with an ink pen and to not tell them that we saw her, then run down the strip screaming. if anything i'll probably be drawing before i end my job there in the next two years.

  7. #22
    Member Array thecheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillwater, OK
    Posts
    26
    You work in an aquarium store and get drug dealers coming in there?? What in the world do they buy?
    Glock 26 Owner
    Ubuntu 8.04 User
    Firefox User

  8. #23
    Member Array mrhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheat View Post
    You work in an aquarium store and get drug dealers coming in there?? What in the world do they buy?
    aquariums and "big fish that eat stuff", to quote most of them. apparently aquariums are "pimp" and it's fun to watch the fish when you're stoned

    oh, and yesterday i carried all day, 9.5 hours, while working with my boss's wife, and she never made me (she's the one not so thrilled about me carrying). and that was with my xd :)

  9. #24
    Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    317
    One thing I've learned from a very busy and politically involved life when it comes to employment, keep the details of your employment less obvious.

    It would not be a stretch of the imagination for this thread to find it's way to your boss or his wife. This is the internet, lots of people read it, and you have basically outlined your existance to a TEE. If anyone familiar with that store comes across this thread for any reason (even an unrelated Google search), you are done!

    It's really quite easy to disguise the details if you think about it beforehand. Trust me, it can happen. I speak from experience (though it was non gun-related).

  10. #25
    Member Array mrhutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    One thing I've learned from a very busy and politically involved life when it comes to employment, keep the details of your employment less obvious.

    It would not be a stretch of the imagination for this thread to find it's way to your boss or his wife. This is the internet, lots of people read it, and you have basically outlined your existance to a TEE. If anyone familiar with that store comes across this thread for any reason (even an unrelated Google search), you are done!

    It's really quite easy to disguise the details if you think about it beforehand. Trust me, it can happen. I speak from experience (though it was non gun-related).
    actually my boss and his wife are self proclaimed computer illiterate, but i see your point. oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. HeHeHe...Check This Out, AA-12 Shotgun: MERGED
    By artz in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Search tags for this page

in georgia can the police search me if my gun is bulging under my clothes?

Click on a term to search for related topics.