Hehehe

This is a discussion on Hehehe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so today's my second day of CC. i'm at work, with my xd .45 compact tactical at 3:00 in an m-tac. my coworker is a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hehehe

Hehehe

so today's my second day of CC. i'm at work, with my xd .45 compact tactical at 3:00 in an m-tac. my coworker is a gun nut, but doesn't carry, and in the past when we've talked about me carrying to work he's insisted that my gun was too big and too hard to conceal. he's in the bathroom now, but we've had 3 mini conversations with about 5 customers in the store so far, and he's still oblivious. lets see if i can dupe him all day (doesn't know that i got my GFL yesterday) or if i get made...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good for you. Keep us posted.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Even better than a day, try for a week, a month, a year! He'll probably get his permit eventually. Then if he carries to work and shows you, you can say "I've carried this everyday for X months, and you never noticed"!

It's fun being right. Even more gratifying when it's about being armed.
    Congrats on the new permit. Trust me, you are more conscious of the weapon (especially now) than anyone else.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

1 hour, 41 minutes down. he's sitting 3 feet from my strong side and completely unaware. 3 hours, 19 minutes left.

aw, some shady looking customers were on their way into the store and my coworker randomly asked if i had my gun with me, so i said yes. he said good, but he still couldn't see it at least. oh well. guess i'll be playing the game with my boss on wednesday, who ISN'T so thrilled about me carrying at work. but i won't be telling them at the end of the day lol.

He won't notice.

I've had my permit for about a month and have worn it everywhere legally possible. People are oblivious to those around them, period. I have an MTAC and a SmartCarry. If I've got the MTAC on, my wife can tell because of my clothing choices (I changed my dress somewhat to account for carrying, never used to wear button down shirts). If I've got the SmartCarry on, she can't tell. The only other option is when she bumps in to me or feels for it obviously. Of course, I like it better when she "checks for my gun" when I'm using the SmartCarry.

My brother-in-law and his family have been here for the holiday weekend, I've been carrying the MTAC since they got here Friday night, and rough-housing with their 5 year old boy quite a bit since then. Nobody has said anything, and my sister-in-law is the type to say something on her mind (and I suspect she's anti-gun too, but have never really brought it up with her).

I've also worn the MTAC into the French Quarter with strong winds where I know it's printing badly, because my wife says so. Walked through streets and businesses and by a half dozen cops without issue. I'm fully convinced average people just aren't observant enough to notice, or those that do notice, don't care, even police. It's something so out of the ordinary that even if you're printing badly, people just don't consider a gun as the object. I forget who said it or where I read it, but I agree and will repeat it: People usually need two senses to make the connection of a concealed holster. If they see it printing, they'd probably need to touch it also to be sure (which most Americans won't do because of personal space). If they bumped it but can't see it printing, they'll probably dismiss it as something else.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    My wife had some surgery done this past week in a same day surgery center. As with most medical buildings in Missouri it has something on the door about weapons. However, not being good and reading such things, my XD and I continued into the center with my wife.

When the nurse came out to get me to take me back where my wife was waiting for the procedure to begin, she looked right at my concealed XD. I don't know whether it was just coincedental or what. She never said anything and took me on back to my wife.

I did have my PDA in my hand so she may have just concluded any bulge she saw was the holster for my cell phone or PDA.

Good luck with the boss. I conceal an XD on a regular basis. Not as easy as my 1911 but not too difficult either.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

The holster choice helps a lot.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

A former coworker and I used to talk guns and ccw. Sharp guy, one day while we're talking to the secretaries he bumps me right where my gun was, before I could move my elbow down. Neither of us said a word.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    remember, the lower the number of people that know you carry....the BETTER..
    you never know what the future holds....concealed=secret, in alot of circumstances.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    remember, the lower the number of people that know you carry....the BETTER..
    you never know what the future holds....concealed=secret, in alot of circumstances.
    Amen
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I got made yesterday, for the first time, by my wife. Been carrying since Dec. 24.
    Taurus 85 ultralight in a Nemisis holster. All those times she squeezed my package, she missed my gun.

Never tell anyone that you carry.We got a new HR manager at work and some dumb ass told that I carry.Luckly the owners son told me she was going to search me.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    A lot of my friends know I own guns and shoot. Not many of them know I carry. The ones that do, also carry, and are aware of the importance of not blabbing. This is not something to be bragging about.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links