Walmart incident - Page 2

Walmart incident

This is a discussion on Walmart incident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ronbo My city of 70,000 has over 6000 Somali's. They were brought here by church groups and the state provides them with ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    My city of 70,000 has over 6000 Somali's. They were brought here by church groups and the state provides them with generous welfare benefits, from reduced housing, food stamps, free medical care and $1 medical perscriptions. Some of them them have faked disabling medical conditions to receive SS disability benefits.

You would think with all the handouts that they would be appreciative to live in the USA. Most are not, they are some of the most rude and demanding people I have ever come in contact with.
    Hmmm, I think we may live in the same city, but the population here is 100k. By the way, you can also add in the degree to which these folks have upped the crime rate.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawwg View Post
    I'm not sure how dedicated a Walmart employee would be to protecting my daughter-in-law and my grandson.
    Call me cynical, but minimum wage does not buy much!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    She should have tossed him a pound of bacon. I'll bet he'd run fast to hurry and get "cleansed."

Seriously, people of all walks of life are spiraling out of control and it's likely to get worse as gas and food prices rise. There are a bunch of reasons for this, but at the end of the day, these people feel like their backs are against the wall and they've lost the ability (or refuse to) accept responsibility for their actions and reactions.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    Somehow, when I'm in line open carrying my 9mm, the people are so much more polite than this guy was! I wonder why?
    Could just be your face...refering to your avatar pic.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

A different world than 30 years ago.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Should've told him: "I'll be more than happy to give you my name and number so you can sue, as long as you give me yours for INS."

Buh-bye.

-JT

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    A good female friend of mine is an RN who is a floor supervisor in a large hospital located in downtown LA. The only people she has ever had trouble with are 'middle eastern' men. What she described to me is exactly like the OP describes.

She has two things against her:
    1. She's an infidel
    2. She's a female

Whenever she gives advice or anything that might be construed as an order i.e. "Make sure your wife gets plenty of rest and takes lots of liquids Mr. Husein." the 'middle eastern' guys go off on her. It's gotten so bad that whenever she has to deal with them she has security come up before she speaks with them.
    Ahem...perhaps those men are trying to cover up for their....shortcomings, if, ya know what I mean.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

She did well by refusing her name and number. I've had a similar situation happen to me from a caucasion gentlemen with a heavy southern accent, (about 50). he told me i assulted him by running my shopping cart into his and he was going to call the police. After he brushed off 2 apologies, I told him "Go ahead and call the cops". he said he was going to sue and wanted my name and number, and informed me that i had to give it to me or he was going to perform a citizens arrest. I told him that wasn't going to happen, and he walked off mumbling he was going to get the store manager. Was there for another 30 mins and continued about my shopping. Did not see him again. Don't know what he did or whom he spoke to, if anyone.

If this dude who yelled at your daughter really did feel assulted, he would have called the police. Sounds like he was looking for a free hand-out either from the store or your daughter.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    Somehow, when I'm in line open carrying my 9mm, the people are so much more polite than this guy was! I wonder why?
    Probably just mentally preoccupied planning how they will snatch it from you.

Smart move on your part, using the express lane....

We're no longer a cohesive nation, but rather a hodgepodge of various peoples who happen to share space, but may have diametrically opposing values. Those of us who do not come from a "traditional" culture are now often scattered among strangers as opposed to living near family. Our spirit of individualism can work for the betterment of all when it exists among other individualists, but can be a hamstring when having to compete with the clannish types we've let in. The whole western world is going this way, and it's not going to end well. Thank a liberal.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

VIP Member
    Well... if you think things are getting bad now, just wait a few more years. You ain't seen nothin' yet!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Angry Oh Really???.

If any of my Daughters called me on this,he`d be in a real world of very bad doo and in back of the building in a heartbeat!. Send these people back from where they came from BEFORE it`s too late!. WE are the infidels and our Wives,Daughters,Girlfriends are worse than that to them. I`m a Very Bad infidel,tell them to come see me,Please do the same. U.S.A.

Quick Tempers

You are very correct in the attitude of people in the last several years. I live in Central Florida in an adult 55 community. Even here with mostly retired individuals, their attitudes have turned for the worst and very quick tempers. Along with with your descriptions and the public places in Florida (even near Disney!) it has gone down hill. Just hold our tempers and only use that weapon for the last chance at life..... as you know the press will (pardon expression kill us) in the paper and it will be our fault.. Lets keep our professionalism with the weapons!! But don't you be the one handed your birth certificate.

ronbo, I think we live in the same town. in my job I deal with the somali's on almost a daily basis, the always come in with an attitude like they are entitled to somthing....just once I would like to ask them if they remember "black hawk down". just my 4c
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    She should have tossed him a pound of bacon. I'll bet he'd run fast to hurry and get "cleansed."

thanks sniper....had to wipe the drink off my chest and keyboard

sounds like she handled the situation ok, only thing I think she should do different is go to another line, that way if this guy was to follow her more eyes would be on him and it would show his intent
    definitely discuss self-defense with her
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links