Walmart incident - Page 3

Walmart incident

This is a discussion on Walmart incident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; wow...I have two small children, and this sort of story is exactly why my wife finally decided to get your CPL. IMO I feel your ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walmart incident

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    wow...I have two small children, and this sort of story is exactly why my wife finally decided to get your CPL. IMO I feel your DIL should have asked that the police be called. Or called 911 herself, from her cell phone.
    That sort of behavior should not be tolerated no matter of the nation of origin
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    She could always have pulled her cart backwards suddenly, screamed, fallen down yelled, "Don't hit me again. Don't hit me again!" Bet that would have gotten some attention!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    She could always have pulled her cart backwards suddenly, screamed, fallen down yelled, "Don't hit me again. Don't hit me again!" Bet that would have gotten some attention!
    Free steak dinner on me if you ever make it to Wichita.

I like digitalexplr's idea. make it worst for him. also, if really unavoidable, you can always give a fake name and the phone number to the local police station and see how far this rude dude can go.

it is funny though that we are exporting our new underclass from the third world and giving them preferential treatments and subsidize living. of course, they adopt our American ways so fast by learning how to sue anybody in their perimeter for whatever transgression that was perceived.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I don't care where he's from,or what religion he follows..he's an a-hole.The problem w/ people these days is no one is afraid of getting their teeth knocked out.Years ago rude a-holes got smacked..they didn't sue the guy,they said OK,I deserved that,and moved on.Tose days are gone..people either sue or the situation escalates in a hurry.
    But you're right,if her husband was there...different story..usually..I had a situation where a restaurant manager went off on me(verbaly)for like 15 minutes...a woman.If it were a guy,he's be looking of a good dentist...this "lady" had no fear or common scense.If I wasn't the nice guy I am,she could've been in a world of hurt.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

B52
    I am glad my wife carries; she is prior military so I am sure that scumbag would have shut up after she ripped him a new one. It's sad how people are acting these days. I guarantee you if another terrorist attack happens on our soil our citizens are going to make things happen. I would hate to look Middle Eastern especially in the south...I am not conding this, but just stating the facts.

A couple of years ago.....
    Some jerk had me chasing him thru the Walmart parking lot.... a fella, I'm sure was not a legal immigrant.. .. who also played stupid as if he didn't understand English, that's OK... I knew quite enough of his language to communicate my sentiments.

My grand-daughter was getting into the back seat of my Jeep.... and that apparently blocked his path between the cars and she was "in his way " (I guess..... ) and he slammed the door on her legs to get past(trapping her legs between the car & door) ...... She was screaming bloody murder from the pain. The guy really slammed her. The guy hurriedly ( a real hurry) began walking off when he realized I was there.

My daughter helped her, and I told her I"ll be right back... .and I may need you to bail me out of jail later.

The guy sure moved his ass when he saw me coming after him. After chasing him a few rows.... he jumped into a truck his friend was driving and they sped off.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 28th, 2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

Walmart has no responsibility to protect anyone. I'm sure their employee manual tells them not to get involved PERIOD!

So in the end, we need to take responsibility for ourselves.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    A couple of years ago.....
    Some jerk had me chasing him thru the Walmart parking lot.... a fella, I'm sure was not a legal immigrant.. .. who also played stupid as if he didn't understand English, that's OK... I knew quite enough of his language to communicate my sentiments.

My grand-daughter was getting into the back seat of my Jeep.... and that apparently blocked his path between the cars and she was "in his way " (I guess..... ) and he slammed the door on her legs to get past(trapping her legs between the car & door) ...... She was screaming bloody murder from the pain. The guy really slammed her. The guy hurriedly ( a real hurry) began walking off when he realized I was there.

My daughter helped her, and I told her I"ll be right back... .and I may need you to bail me out of jail later.

The guy sure moved his ass when he saw me coming after him. After chasing him a few rows.... he jumped into a truck his friend was driving and they sped off.
    This brings up a couple of questions for me. First of all, Eagleks, are you armed at the time? If so, what happens when you catch up with the runner? What if he is armed and you are not? What if his friend in the truck is armed and you are not? What was your intent? To kick his a$$ or to detain him while you call police? Would you call police? Would you press charges?

Seems like this scenario could go a lot of different ways. And seems like this could happen anywhere and anytime. Depending on how hard this jerk slammed the door, he could've done some serious, possibly permanent damage to the little girl.

My first thought when reading this account is that the a-hole purposely slammed this door into the little girl. So when he was challenged, he ran. I think that if I was in a bad mood and walking through the parking lot and ran into an open door, I would probably shut the door to get past but I don't believe I would SLAM the door. And if I were to "accidentally" shut the door on a little girls legs I would be extremely apologetic and would definitely not run.

No matter what kind of mood I was in I would never slam a door into another person who hadn't done anything to me. In the end though, my reaction would probably not be much different than Eagleks. Since he ran, I would assume he did it on purpose and I would give chase. I would consider his action an assault on my family.

Just curious about how some of you others would respond...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ...My grand-daughter was getting into the back seat of my Jeep.... and that apparently blocked his path between the cars and she was "in his way " (I guess..... ) and he slammed the door on her legs to get past(trapping her legs between the car & door) ...... She was screaming bloody murder from the pain. The guy really slammed her. The guy hurriedly ( a real hurry) began walking off when he realized I was there...
    Assault & Battery, no doubt about it. I would have done the same thing. I would have tried to get the plate number of the truck.

I think our statutes say that you, the CHL holder, have to be 'blameless' in a shooting; meaning that you may not start or escalate a situation and then end it with your gun.

I wonder if, giving chase to the dirt bag who just battered your grand daughter would constitute escalating the situation. Any LEOs or lawyers know about this? I thinking that unless and until the perp or the truck's driver pull a weapon on you or 'gang up' on you that the gun stays in the holster.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links