Car Carry - Page 2

Car Carry

This is a discussion on Car Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cakewalk It's a matter of convenience, really. I can see having to strap on my holster for a 20 minute ride to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Carry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    It's a matter of convenience, really. I can see having to strap on my holster for a 20 minute ride to work and then take the rig off, tuck my shirt in, put the gun in the COM safe, and hide the holster somewhere else as being a bit of a pain doing it every day.
    Gotcha... Mitch Rosen makes a holster called a "Counter Carjacking" holster that has a metal belt clip, easy on/off and proper angle for comfort while driving.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Gotcha... Mitch Rosen makes a holster called a "Counter Carjacking" holster that has a metal belt clip, easy on/off and proper angle for comfort while driving.
    Wow - I just did a Google search on it and your thread on the holster from back in December came up as the first listing!

Nice, but a bit too expensive for me right now. I'm ordering a Crossbreed QuickClip this week. One holster at a time.....
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Does your car have a center console? That's a legal car carry in Florida even without a CWP.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Does your car have a center console? That's a legal car carry in Florida even without a CWP.
    I have a center console, but it's open. My passenger glove compartment does not have a lock. I guess I can keep it in there though while I'm driving and move it in the COM when I park.

I Drive A Ranger Weided Ammo Box Behind Seat 2 Chain Links & Cable Clanp& Lock Works Great.

By the way when driving gun on seat shirt- rag over it for MR. JACK.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    You could mount a cheap fobus paddle holster to the underside of the dash. You could do this for under $20.

I sometimes keep a firearm in a holster wedged between the center console and the driver's seat...doesn't move and can be covered with an extra hat...still quick access.
    I also have a COM safe under the back seat...hard to find...used only for short stops...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Try this for accessible car carry

SSHMI Links

Very flexible mounting option for holstered firearm in vehicle. Poor marketing (heck of a time finding via Google) but interesting....

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I have a cheap holster with a thumb break that hangs on the seatbelt of the middle seat. I ran a piece of string from the holster to the leg of the seat. It hangs off and is just as accessible as my gear shifter. It holds my P95 and I cover it with a rag.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions. I may try mounting a cheap holster somewhere under the dash.

How about a cheap fanny pack for when you are driving. Not recommending it for edc but just when you are driving. The gun would be in your lap, easy to reach but still secure in case of a car accident. If you need to exit your car quickly, you can just unbuckle and go without worrying about having to retrieve your gun first.

When you get to your destination, put your gun in your COM carsafe or your edc holster, unbuckle your fannypack and your ready to go.

I use the center consol of my pickup truck. And in my wife’s car, she has storage space on the driver’s side door.

I always keep my pistol there. More conferrable than warring in a car.

BTW… The best way to keep your pistol from being stolen from your car is to make sure no one knows you keep one in your car. If you car is one in a hundred, the odds on a BG picking your car to break into is slim.

But let a B&G see you get out of the car and lock it in your trunk safe. Bal-a-bing you car is broken into, and no lock is 100% safe.

Just in case you’re wondering is very common for B&G to stake out a parking lot they are going to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    BTW… The best way to keep your pistol from being stolen from your car is to make sure no one knows you keep one in your car. If you car is one in a hundred, the odds on a BG picking your car to break into is slim.

But let a B&G see you get out of the car and lock it in your trunk safe. Bal-a-bing you car is broken into, and no lock is 100% safe.

Just in case you’re wondering is very common for B&G to stake out a parking lot they are going to hit.

Makes sense. I plan to put the COM safe under my drivers seat so when I need to store the gun, just pull the COM up from under the seat, lock the gun away, then back under the seat. Should be a quick procedure.

You can be very creative in how you car carry however its important that you follow Florida Law when coming up with a solution. If you use a holster mounted inside the car make sure it has a thumb break. Good luck.
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links