Car Carry

This is a discussion on Car Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got an unbranded version almost identical to the COM cabled under my seat. The key for it is on my key ring, on a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Carry

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I've got an unbranded version almost identical to the COM cabled under my seat. The key for it is on my key ring, on a detachable (from the rest) ring, so if I happen to leave it locked and need it, I can access it without removing the keys from the ignition.

Good point on not letting people see you messing with the safe. I tend to casually lock mine as I arrive at a destination. I can look like I'm rummaging through papers or something if I need to actually place the gun back in it. But I tend to leave it in there most of the time, as I have a dedicated car gun (1911) and my EDC on my waist often times (unless I know I'm going somewhere I can't carry). I do occasionally use a SafePacker for the car gun, placing it on the passenger seat if I'm alone.

Which brings me to a question on Florida law.... I thought (?) that all that about securely encased, the snapped holster, etc. etc. was for loaded firearms in a vehicle if you didn't possess the CWL. Thought it was pretty much anywhere in a vehicle (if you're alone) if you were licensed. Is this incorrect?
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links