A good time to be a gun owner

This is a discussion on A good time to be a gun owner within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep up the positives. My mag is half full :)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good time to be a gun owner

VIP Member
    Keep up the positives. My mag is half full :)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    The best part of the politicians in LA stripping citizens of their right to defend themselves is that they were all safe and sound in BATON ROUGE!!!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

The best thing that ever came of the 10 round mag capacity, in my opinion, is all the small frame autos we have now. I can't forsee that ever having happened if not for assinine legislation. The Glock 26 and 27, the Warthog, the SA Micro-compacts, the SA XD compacts. All great designs brought out in the last 10 years.

Yes, it is a good time for most of us to be gun owners... unless you live in Kalifornia or the independent principalities of Washington, DC and Chicago. I'd considered mentioning San Francisco in particular after the Sep 8th vote to ban guns, but since you can now no longer own a gun in San Francisco, I guess it no longer applies!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well it isn't if you live in San Francisco. Did you see that they just banned all handguns and ammunition within the city? They join the likes of Chicago and Washington DC. It'll be interesting to see if people leave the city...

As for being a good time? I don't think so. It may seem good only because it's better than a few years ago but compared to fifty, or one hundred, its terrible and the attitude about guns in general is changing. I'd admit concealed carry is making a come back but that's really only getting back a right our forefathers had all along...

I'm acutally disturbed at where I think things are heading over the next twenty years.

Let's all hope I'm wrong....

Actually, I meant the remark about San Francisco as a bit of sarcasm. If you read my comment, you'll notice I mentioned the anti gun vote but incorrectly typed Sep instead of Nov. It seems strange that all the 'powers that be" in S.F. like the police and newspapers came out against the bill and even the mayor said he doubted it would work, but it passed anyway. From what I read, the voter turnout was about 39% and the law passed by a narrow margin. It just goes to show we can't sit back on out collective butts as gun owners when our rights are at stake and hope someone else will look out for us.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links