Something wrong with this picture?

This is a discussion on Something wrong with this picture? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't think she did anything wrong, it is the guy with the knife that is the wrong doer, she stopped further bloodshed, end of ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with this picture?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't think she did anything wrong, it is the guy with the knife that is the wrong doer, she stopped further bloodshed, end of story.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

folks, I think there is so much spin in this story against CCW that it makes me want to vomit. the reporters should also have interviewed the 2 "cut" employees and see what their take on things are. I bet you that they thanked this woman for stepping in and saving their "sixes" from the perp.

walmart should give this lady some free ammo and targets.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I think she did a wonderful job.This part however really bothers me.

Getting smart in a hurry, Mr. Redding surrendered, was jailed, and gained release the next day on $3,000 bond.
    Released the next day on $3,000 bond? He tried to kill two people. Way to go courts.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Released the next day on $3,000 bond? He tried to kill two people. Way to go courts.
    Yep, that and the fact that the woman was more scared of a gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen, than the knife in the hand of the person who was actively trying to cut people.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Good job for the grandma. If more people were like her we would have a much nicer society. No one wants to get involved anymore. Its always look the other way and ignore. Thank God for the sheepdogs even though the sheeple are unappreciated.

'We want to keep our stores a pleasant place to shop, so we would never encourage our customers to arm themselves,' said Wal-Mart spokesman Tom Williams.
    The knife-wielding criminal who attempted the murder of two innocents created the "unpleasantries." The 5'-nuthin grandma restored it, much to the horror of many bystanders ... each of whom did squat, until it came time to rail against justice, righteous action in the saving of lives, and the exercise of a free citizen's rights to defend life.

The railers against justice should feel shame, though I highly doubt they can comprehend the error of what little thinking they've done.

In a case where, directly in front of me, a criminal is actively attacking one or more people with intent to kill, I probably would act in much the same way as this kind lady (grandma) did. Kudos to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike78 View Post
    Good job for the grandma. If more people were like her we would have a much nicer society.
    After a period of very bloody struggle to reverse the course of things, yes. I agree.

Of course, the attempted murderer was released. Astounding.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

On Monday, May 22, Sandra Suter was standing in the check-out line of the Wal-Mart in Spring Hill, Fla. when she saw several store employees wrestling with a knife-wielding man.
    This story is several years old. The last time May 22 was a Monday was 2006.

I did some research. This story is from 2000. It's 8 years old.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    This story is several years old. The last time May 22 was a Monday was 2006.

I did some research. This story is from 2000. It's 8 years old.
    However old it is what bothers me is that somewhere isn the US there is someone that it doesn't bother that two people are cut with a knife and bleeding all over the place but when someone pulls out a gun to stop it they get scared of the gun. Are we so used to violence that knifings don't even bother us but the sight of a gun terrifies us. Eight years hasn't changed us that much and if that is what we have become it worries me.

Go Granny go!!!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    And you all of you weanies that think the old woman was wrong for stopping the action, then I'd say that you are as brainwashed as those that dont tote.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Now tell us how you really feel!
    I agree!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Don't jack with Grandma!

She did right by me, obviously the WM employees have been trained in the UN form of conflict resolution, try to talk them out of it and do nothing more.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

knife wielding BG harming unarmed innocents? definitely would have drawn, but made a more clear command in a very loud voice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    knife wielding BG harming unarmed innocents? definitely would have drawn, but made a more clear command in a very loud voice.
    "Either drop the knife, or I'll shoot you." is pretty clear.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

VIP Member
    He he he... if Wal-Mart only knew!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Even more disturbing than the comments by the fellow shoppers who would have been fine seeing the two Wal-Mart employees stabbed to death, are those on this forum who seem to think Grandma was wrong in getting involved.

One little old lady stopped what no one else on the scene could or would do - she stopped the attack.

If you carry and refuse to get involved in a situation like this, you are worse than the sheeple that stand by and watched.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links