Something wrong with this picture?

This is a discussion on Something wrong with this picture? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for explaining the 21 rule. She was absolutely justified and handled the situation very well....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with this picture?

Thanks for explaining the 21 rule. She was absolutely justified and handled the situation very well.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

'We want to keep our stores a pleasant place to shop, so we would never encourage our customers to arm themselves,' said Wal-Mart spokesman Tom Williams. ...

"Shopper Lorinda Smith, who was in the candy aisle during the confrontation, said Tuesday that she was more frightened by Suter's gun then the man's knife.
    Sub morons... they believe a "pleasant place" means that violent acts committed by criminals and lunatics can't happen... it's because of people like this why we still have these "gun free zones" yet they don't offer any form of protection... they just stick up a sign and that's "good enough" to for the but nature never intended to be intelligent... they are one of the "slower" animals in the animal kingdom.

These days, the sheeple's idea of "crime control" is actually PLEADING with criminals, I see this too often... they shout "stop the violence" and that's enough by them, they pat themselves on the back because they think they actually stand for something... but in reality they stand for nothing, in a way, some of these same dim witted people are enablers of violence... they will actually see criminal activity and do nothing... worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Without reading every post, but enough to see too many post saying she should not have gotten involved, I could not disagree more. Had she simply stood aside and allowed this to continue it is very possible that an employee could have been killed, could you live with that decision had it been you? As some of my other Texas friends have said... I don't see any other choice but to get involved and stop the threat. This time it did not take a round being fired, but the next time it could, and it could be you... we had better know what we would do before that time arrives.
    The posters who who would not try to stop the potential deaths of 2 walmart people need to put THEMSELVES in their positions... what if those 2 innocent people were YOUR SON, YOUR WIFE etc... would you say that a legally armed citizen, allowed by law to use their arms to stop a force able felony, that you would want yourself, wife, son etc to not be aided?

Crazy... these days people think about themselves and not about others... sad.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    The posters who who would not try to stop the potential deaths of 2 walmart people need to put THEMSELVES in their positions... what if those 2 innocent people were YOUR SON, YOUR WIFE etc... would you say that a legally armed citizen, allowed by law to use their arms to stop a force able felony, that you would want yourself, wife, son etc to not be aided?

Crazy... these days people think about themselves and not about others... sad.
    What would I say to the legally armed citizen who did not use their firearm to protect my family? I would not say anything. The decision to get involved is an individual one. While I would hope somebody would get involved if me or mine were in trouble, I do not depend on those things. That is why I carry a firearm.

I don't believe you, or anybody, has the right to criticize somebody for not making a decision to take a life.

You alone know your abilities, limitations, and fortitude. If you don't have the ability to take a clean shot, under pressure, in a crowd, and you choose NOT to make the shot, than I have more respect for you than the person who jumps in over his head and makes things worse.

With all of that said. I still believe Granny did the right thing, and I most likely would have done the same thing.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Old story...same crap, daily...Granny is a hero...the , well...'veal' it's what's for dinner...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    While I would hope somebody would get involved if me or mine were in trouble, I do not depend on those things. That is why I carry a firearm.
    When I asked the question, I was assuming that you were not armed.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    again...the liberal media, finding someone....ANYONE that was scared of the mere sight of a gun and putting THAT quote in the article...how many people stood and cheered the grandma for her actions...or interview one of the stabbed ex-burger flippers turned loss prevention, and ask them if they are happy the incident was over...
    it is the same negative spin most articles have when it comes to 2A issues...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by realitycramp View Post
    She did what was right not what was smart. Such a shame there is even a question here. Tells you how far we have slid as a society.
    She did what was wrong and what was not smart. I would like to know who trained her? This was just executed all wrong. We are not LEOs.

Senior Moderator
    She did what was wrong and what was not smart. I would like to know who trained her? This was just executed all wrong. We are not LEOs.
    Defense of a third person is legal in most states.

The career criminal cut someone with a knife.

The woman forced him to stop...at gunpoint.

The man dropped his knife.

No shot was fired.

Explain to me how this was "executed all wrong".
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Yes, this explaination should be a good one. What was wrong, what was not smart, and who trained you, cause they need a swift kick in the pants?

Where does it say that only Leo's can stop crimes in progress?

Wow, this really should be good.
    Last edited by Scott; August 20th, 2008 at 05:57 AM. Reason: profanity workaround
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

While we are not LEOs, we are members of the human race and especially Americans. We need to show the BGs we are not willing to stand around and wait to be witnesses, or worse just leave and pretend we didn't see what was happening. Even if we were no armed we could each grab an item and throw it, hit the BG, or engage in some impromptu way. The worst thing can happen is for you to be attacked with a crowd around, everyone will watch assuming someone is calling 911 and it isn't your problem.

Senior Moderator
    While we are not LEOs, we are members of the human race and especially Americans. We need to show the BGs we are not willing to stand around and wait to be witnesses, or worse just leave and pretend we didn't see what was happening. Even if we were no armed we could each grab an item and throw it, hit the BG, or engage in some impromptu way. The worst thing can happen is for you to be attacked with a crowd around, everyone will watch assuming someone is calling 911 and it isn't your problem.

well said!
    exellent post.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    ... engage in some impromptu way. The worst thing can happen is for you to be attacked ...
    Far worse can happen beyond merely being attacked in front of a crowd. This lady drew down and captured a knife-wielding attempted murder, via a clear plan and solid option for handling the situation, knowing full well she could execute if need be.

Doing "something impromptu" could have easily resulted in a completely different outcome. Each must gauge the cost/benefit. Winging it isn't for everyone.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Old story...same crap, daily...Granny is a hero...the , well...'veal' it's what's for dinner...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    Oh so true… +1 for Granny

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    She was fortunate. I wouldn't have done that.
    After seeing your reply to the article, I read you signature. What is the situation you're referring to with your signature?

Sam.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    +1
    that is one of the best statements I have seen written on this board...why didn't 30 people checking out all throw soup cans at him...anything...he was attacking and trying to harm another...good Americans can not stand around and let these things just happen anymore hoping someone else will do something..
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links