Almost pulled my gun today - Page 5

Almost pulled my gun today

This is a discussion on Almost pulled my gun today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by limatunes It is impossible to keep 21 feet, much less 6 feet between you and the rest of the world without packing ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    It is impossible to keep 21 feet, much less 6 feet between you and the rest of the world without packing your bags and living as a hermit in the middle of a rain forest or desert.
    You say that like it's a bad thing Lima!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You were a bit confrontational, and let them get a bit close, but otherwise did great. Nice job.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

I think you did pretty well considering the surprise and adrenaline aspects, which I think are being somewhat ignored. I would not have done nearly as well as you, calling me names is no big deal, however, threats are my weak point and things would have escalated from there (not saying that is right and I have gotten MUCH better since acquiring the responsibility of carrying). One thing that I really struggle with is the view of ignoring these types or hiding out in the office or avoiding all confrontation etc....Ya know its my country also and right is right, wrong is wrong....

Oh, BTW, it apparently slipped past most everyone here but 5 feet might be a bit close

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    Imagine what those guys saw. They come up to their vehicle to find a stranger writing down my license plate. They don't know you from Adam. I would be a little hostile too. Then, you compound the problem by telling them that you didn't know who they were talking to and insisting that you move their vehicle like you're some kind of law enforcement officer. Since you did not identify yourself, they know you're not one. They decide to give you more crap, which you did not like, of course.
    +1. In retrospect, looking at it from the other guy's viewpoint is always a worthwhile task.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

5 feet might be too close but this is the real world, not the ideal scenario world. I think you handled it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGLOCK29 View Post
    he never got closer than about 5 feet,

Was the man 5 feet away AFTER you backed up? If I were that man and you were only 5 feet away, even if I was unarmed, I believe it would not even take 1/2second to knock you down good.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Call the cops and let them approach the vehicle. It would have kept this entire incident from occurring.
    Yea, I would have done that too, save me the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Agreed, very much.

This scenario though is an excellent example of where and why pepper spray would be handy and most proper to have at access, as opposed to jumping right to the top of the threat triangle toward deploying lethal force tools.

- Janq
    So those men would not have legal recourse to sue him? What if he was in court and he said "that man sprayed me and I did nothing threatening" (and what if there were no witnesses to hear/see the per sieved threats?

What if the guy had asma and almost died, I guess he could sue you just as well if you pulled a gun on him.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I'd say that the only thing you did that I would not have done is let the scum bag get with in 5 feet of you. That is too close for me.

Other than that, I'd say you did well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

What ever there business was it sounds like it was quick and they were in a hurry. The 5' thing...hey, they kinda popped up out of no where. The smack talk: I like your return warning. It says give me a little respect and don't under estimate me and returned the focus to move the car.
    I agree with another commenter that said nobody's giving you credit for the surprise, thinking on your feet, speaking clearly and the adrenaline rush ect... you know what else...They won't be back!
    Thanks for sharing, you can see what a great training exercise this was for the rest of us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links