California Trouble - Page 3

California Trouble

This is a discussion on California Trouble within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might want to give the folks at VCDL or JPFO a holler, esp. the former. They are the real deal and might have some ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California Trouble

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    You might want to give the folks at VCDL or JPFO a holler, esp. the former. They are the real deal and might have some pretty nifty strategies to share with you. Good luck.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Newly appointed Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens said Tuesday that she intends to review all the concealed-weapons permits that her indicted predecessor issued and revoke those of gun owners who can't prove a legal need to carry the weapons.

This is the freakin' problem right here. Unless I'm in security or a lawyer I have to "prove," I need it. Why don't they prove to me that I don't and will never need it or am a threat?
    I read that too. It sounds like she has now gone and said something that she may just have to back up. Ever hear the saying "You can't un-ring a bell."?

I love the term "Legal Need" there. And guess who gets to define "Legal Need"? She does. Keep in mind, she used to work for the Sheriff of LA County where only celebrities and other high profile (read rich) persons got issued.

Having a job in security isn't "Good Cause" for getting a CCW in Calif. They have special licenses for security types (bodyguards, armored car guards) which allow them to carry only on the job. Those folks still need a Cal permit for private CC.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links