Women & Men - Different Ideas Behind Carry

This is a discussion on Women & Men - Different Ideas Behind Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cakewalk ....and therein lies the most basic difference between the male and female psyche. Generally speaking, men gravitate towards logic in their ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women & Men - Different Ideas Behind Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    ....and therein lies the most basic difference between the male and female psyche. Generally speaking, men gravitate towards logic in their thoughts, decisions, etc, and women gravitate towards emotion.

So THAT'S how it works...men = logic...women = emotion...
    Damn, I've had it wrong ALL THESE YEARS...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Gross generalizations usually don't amount to a hill o' beans.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Gross generalizations usually don't amount to a hill o' beans.

-JT
    I can't help but chuckle at this. Your statement is a gross generalization in itself!

The bottom line is we have to start somewhere. Collective research and majority conclusions are where most thoughts and opinions start. That doesn't mean that generalizing a topic makes it an indisputable fact. Far from it! It's merely a broad analysis of a topic, and of course, there are always wild variables that will be contrary to the original analysis.

This is the basis of market and demographic research - to get a collective viewpoint and formulate your idea, product, or whatever else from that viewpoint.

There is nothing wrong with creating a generalization as long as your generalization leaves room for other ideas that may disagree with your premise. As Pete Zaria mentioned, Machiavelli's argument left 10% room for the wildcards. It doesn't make his argument any less valid, just leaves a little wiggle room and says there are always other possibilities, however small.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Lima's post above obviously demonstrates she's in the 10%
    Count me in the 10% as well. I'm pretty sure Lima is my daughter, and we just don't know it!! What she has said, pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

I don't feel I carry out of emotion. I carry because I KNOW my life is more valuable than the criminials. I know that god forbid I'm ever put in the fight of my life, I will stay in that fight until the end.

I carry because it is my right! Rights not exercised are rights lost.

the women I know who carry have specific needs, don't talk politics or guns, but want protection. And of course the men like myself don't shut up about guns / politics and can't point to a specific threat.
    Oh my....,

OK, let's talk politics! Let's see, political programs chair for my county GOP, leader of Ohio's foremost 2A organization, central Ohio 2nd Amendment coalition leader for the Fred Thompson campaign, NRA-EVC, bunch of other stuff. Did I mention I've been invited to the Governor's mansion next week? I love politics and sitting in the Statehouse and the whole political process.

Guns.......aw, one of my favorite subjects!!! Like Lima, I also am a female who works behind the gun counter at one of the big stores, instructs concealed carry classes, have shot lots of calibers and don't fear shooting the big guns. And I love fighting for our firearm rights!

OK, I will admit, Lima and I are not the typical female!!! I wish we were the typical. I guess the rest work off emotion.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Here's more to chew on: we are all emotional, men and women. Only difference is we men use logic to rationize our decision whereas women wear it on the sleeve. can't say I want, desire or need without any emotion associated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwojcik View Post
    Here's more to chew on: we are all emotional, men and women. Only difference is we men use logic to rationize our decision whereas women wear it on the sleeve. can't say I want, desire or need without any emotion associated to it.
    +100.

Have you ever heard of people who have had something neurological go wrong with the emotional "parts" of their brain? They can use *only* logic, and they will spend all day discussing the logical reasoning behind choosing a PB&J sandwich vs. a ham sandwich, and never be able to choose.

We are all both logical and rational.

Me, I don't discuss politics, especially amongst traditional pro-gunners, because I am a pro-gun liberal, and I will get tromped on.

But I carry because I can, and because of where I live -- I need to. I want to protect myself, I want to protect my daughter (who is 16), and I am glad I can exercise that right. Mine is both a logical and an emotional decision.

EVERY DECISION IS BOTH LOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Mine is both a logical and an emotional decision.

I'd like to say it is just logical but in reality... everything is driven by emotion whether I like it or not. Unless we claim we're a computer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links