Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners - Page 4

Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners

This is a discussion on Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by armado The LAPD SIS needs a dependable weapon to protect their own lives like we all need a dependable gun to protect ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82

Thread: Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array LongRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by armado View Post
    The LAPD SIS needs a dependable weapon to protect their own lives like we all need a dependable gun to protect our lives when we walk out the door. The LAPD enforces the laws of the state and local governments, not make the laws. We all know what needs to be done to defeat the gun grabbers. Let's be ready for the next onslaught, and not blame a particular gun manufacturer for dealing with a government entity that that doesn't make the laws.
    Though I agree with your sentiment That LEO should not be thrown to the wolves under armed. I do think it is worthy of pointing out that LAPD and other police departments do actively support anti 2A gun control laws. Surely I do not need to cite every time a police organization has not only supported various gun control measure but has initiated them. Police agencies and organizations have consistently been against self defense and 2A. Almost without exception every police department nation wide was initially against CCW. All crying that the streets would be filled with blood as citizens driven insane by being in possession of guns would become raving homicidal maniacs, gunning each other down over every little thing. There are still very few that man up and admit that their predictions of rampant gun violence was reactionary unfounded in any fact or in any way admit that they were wrong. There is no doubt in my mind that LAPD has in fact been the Brady Bunch's patsies from the very beginning. Proof of that is obvious look at how many CCW permits they or most any Kalifornia PD issue. Virtually none unless you are active / retired PD, actor or friend of the sheriff. How often do you think LAPD had spoken to the legislators supporting various gun control measures? My guess is every time a gun control measure is on the floor. Have you ever heard of any police department, agency or organization opposing gun control? With the exception of Law Enforcement Alliance of America I can not think of any. So I do not agree with your position that LAPD is an innocent agency forced to enforce laws they do not agree with and had no part in creating. Fact is if PD were to speak up honestly about the stupidity of gun control a lot of these laws would never pass and the sheep would begin to learn how ineffective and dangerous to law abiding citizens gun control laws are. There is no doubt in my mind that if Kalifornia PD was openly pro 2A none of these asinine insane gun control laws would be in place. In fact I am positive that if Kalifornia PD was pro 2A and advocated civilian gun possession that the sheep would follow suit. If only Kalifornia PD provided accurate honest information instead of the Brady Bunch propaganda, that they currently spew. As far as the article I think the point is valid as far as it goes. But Kimber is by no means is the sole offender. I do think we do need to do something. At least let them know how much we support STI stance and encourage them to follow suit. We should be letting them know we do not want to pay for them making guns that are Kalifornia compliant. In that respect I do think the article is correct, you and I will have to bear the burden of cost of producing Kalifornia compliant guns. Personally I do not think any gun manufacturer should ever make any Kalifornia compliant guns ever for anyone civilian or PD. Once they do start making those guns there is no doubt other states will follow Kalifornia lead. They will be able to argue that low cap micro stamped firing pined guns are available so there is not reason not to require them. In closeing
    Yes LAPD SIS needs a dependable weapon to protect their own lives and it is Their Duty Their Responsibility as public servants sworn to protect the people and uphold the constitution that they openly loudly support the right of each and every citizen to have weapons that they can protect their own lives with. If they can not do that, than I really see no reason why I should support their need for dependable weapons much less pay for them with my tax dollars.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

    Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family


  2. #47
    Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    478
    Don't keep up much with Kalifornictions political issues, but I'm planning on at least "thinking" about getting an SIS w/rl. Texas is a little bit more 2d amend and I can pretty much buy anything the major weapons dealers are willing to sell.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

  3. #48
    Senior Member Array KenInColo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    991
    Yes, the police may only enforce the laws but the LAPD and LASO, especially their leadership, stridently support everything ANTI-2A. Everything.

    Oh, you don't think so. Just try and get a CCW in LA County. I dare you (there are less than 1,500 such permits in existence).

    The LA County LE leadership are in such fear for their cushy jobs that they regurgitate all over each other everything their elected bosses tell them to. If they're enforcing the 2A, which the last time I checked, was indeed a law in our country, then their doing a poor job it it.

    Bravo to Barrett. Too bad the Kimber folks aren't made of the same stuff.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 8th, 2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

  4. #49
    VIP Member Array raevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    4,849
    Go ahead and boycott them, gives me more of their guns to buy, who knows if they get into a bind their prices might come down and I can get one of each model.

    Boycotting gun manufactures does us more harm then good. If they start losing money they will have less to give towards sensible gun legislation.

    If the guns were from a foreign manufacture then go ahead boycott. We are losing to many U.S. companies as it is.

  5. #50
    Senior Member Array ronwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    816
    While you are at it you may as well boycott Colt and Bushmaster for selling their M-16/ AR-15's to SWAT teams across the nation. Add Beretta for selling 9mm and .40 S&W to law enforcement agencies across the nation. These companies are doing nothing wrong, as long as they don't make a cop out deal on the side like S&W did when it was British owned. I will continue to support Kimber and the rest of these companies until then.
    Last edited by ronwill; June 7th, 2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

  6. #51
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,843
    Kimbers? I love Kimbers...

    My Kimber Ultra CDP II is my EDC...I love the gun. Today I just swapped my Kimber Pro CDP II (external extractor) for a new Kimber Compact CDP II (internal extractor)...just walked in the door with it.
    I don't have to buy any new holsters for it, and it's a bit easier for CCW (longer barrel but same shorter grip as the Ultra).

    The wife went with me...had to work hard at getting the new Glock-26 into the house, too. Also bought 2,000 rounds of .45ACP...$$$

    You guys (and gals) better get busy and buy some extra ammo NOW...especially if there is a pistol SD course in your future.

    Stay armed...buy more ammo now...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  7. #52
    VIP Member Array raevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    4,849
    Anyone planning on boycotting a firearms company should look to your ownself first. Do you support other anti gun companies and people. Do you watch TV? are the networks you watch Anti Gun? Is your Phone company Anti Gun? Do the stores you shop at have Anti Gun Policies? Do you go to movies that have Anti Gun actors? Does the Manufacture of you vehicle have Anti Gun policies? I could go on and on.

    If you plan to boycott one company you might as well boycott them all. I'm sure you will be healthier because you won't be eating as much junk food or going to as many places that could put your life at risk by being on the road.

  8. #53
    Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Augusta,Maine
    Posts
    1,555
    I don't own a Kimber as I think other brands do it as well for less money!

  9. #54
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I don't own a Kimber as I think other brands do it as well for less money!
    If you don't have one I can't explain it to you.
    Knowledge is power
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  10. #55
    Member Array rkhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    If you are talking about the citizenry my answer is "You bet your ass they will!!".
    No - I was asking if you think the legislators will disarm the police that the legislators depend upon for protection.

    We already know they are not only willing but want to disarm the citizenry.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

    "Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

  11. #56
    Member Array strider72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NE Alabama
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I don't own a Kimber as I think other brands do it as well for less money!
    I think the fact that Springfield builds their 1911s from parts imported from Brazil, an Anti-gun country is as bad as any other bs a company does to make a dollar.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

  12. #57
    VIP Member Array Rob72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    1) No it does not.
    2) Not hardly.

    1) By taking the teeth from the sheepdog, you aren't protecting the sheepdog or the sheep. You're turning the sheep and the sheepdog over to the wolves.

    2) While I may disagree with the laws that the police are trusted to enforce, I do not agree with sending them to slaughter.

    3) I respect the LEO's too much to allow the 'California Citizenry' to make dumb laws; expect somebody else to enforce them, and then send them to do it ill-equipped.
    1) No, my position is simply that LE is not seperate from the citizenry, but integral and accountable to it. This is not the position of most (though not quite all) of Cali's chiefs and departments, they are quite happy with "Us" and "them."

    2) Following #1, if the citizenry cannot be trusted to enforce interpersonal boundaries, LE has no place doing so. Again, to suggest that LE is somehow "seperate but equal" is intellectually and practically indefensible. That is totalitarianism- look at the happy members of the aforementioned Brazil.

    3) Respect is earned, not given. Cali's situation is not solely one of legislation and referendum- bureaucratic "rulings" have played more than a minor part. The current Cali LE model is one of elitism, as fostered by the disproportionate number of economically priveledged individuals in the state. Individuals and entities are part of the problem, or they are part of the solution- self-evident.

    Darwin rules, but that is seperate from my stated position on criminology.

  13. #58
    VIP Member Array Kerbouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,894
    Nice edit, you summed up my post much better than my lengthy dialog and I agree with it even more now.

    FWIW, I don't agree with the California Legislature. I don't agree with the laws the police are trusted to enforce, and I'm not a particular fan of most of the LEO I have encountered in San Diego. For some reason, having base stickers and a military ID increases your chances of being hassled exponentially.

    My stance on this is mostly because I like Kimbers. They are one of the few quality manufacturers left in the U.S.(not just guns, but across the board), and boycotting them because they will sell firearms to law enforcement is idiotic. They also do a lot of work and commit a lot of funds that benefit our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. And I don't feel like it's to help their sales. I feel like it's because their goals and values are aligned with ours.

    If you really want to change something, and not just go with pointless rhetoric, then stop purchasing items made in California. Don't vacation to San Diego. Don't buy Californian wine. Don't buy Californian produce. California wants to turn itself into Cuba, so treat it like such. If their income drops dramatically because people do not support the choices they make, perhaps their minds will change. Companies are already doing this. Mike Huckabee mentioned in one of his debates. Let California enforce much stricter emission laws. There are plenty of states that are more than willing to allow the manufacturers to build factories and increase production. It is a states right thing. The State of California has the right to try whatever they want. If it works, other states will copy it. If it doesn't, other states will benefit from 1) the experience or 2) increased income from people who don't want to deal with California.

    I wouldn't hire somebody with an education from Berkley. I disagree with just about everything Berkley stands for. If enough people felt that way, Berkely would be forced to close because the people who attended would not be able to get jobs. I'll stand on my own principals, and I'll make arbitrary decisions on which battles I choose to fight. California's fubared laws are not one of them. I'm still waiting for the 'big one' so I can get that Ocean Front Property in Arizona.

    I'm sure there is nothing the anti-gun crowd likes more than the gun crowd trying to hurt a gun manufacturer because of California's stupid choices.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

    http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

    Who is John Galt?

  14. #59
    Senior Member Array FlyboyLDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    864
    There is a need for a "Firearms Cartel". This cartel would be a committee of every firearms manufacturer in the US and those that distribute in the US. Like any other committee, the members would vote for specific items to strengthen the over all firearms market, in this case, not selling to any government/LEO agency in a particular state that's laws the committee deems does not meet their criteria. This would also get passed down to any dealers authorized to sell their respective products. But you and I both know it won't happen. If LAPD calls up and wants to place an order for say 5000 guns, well money talks.

  15. #60
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,134
    Bravo to Barrett. Too bad the Kimber folks aren't made of the same stuff.
    Interesting that a member with a HK icon would post such a sentiment given HK's attitude about civilian sales of many of their " neat toys " .

    Look folks Kimber made a model of 1911 after getting input from at least one Dept , They named it after a unit in the LAPD , and used the initials as a rather unattractive imho slide serration scheme . I really dont see the " tepmest in a teapot " that some members of gunboards do .
    With that said , I currently dont own a kimber , and when i do in the future it wont be a 1911 that looks like someone turned a 4 year old loose with a dremil on the slide . I wont however shy away from Kimber , and dont in any way think they are aiding " anti gunners " .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Psychological Profile of Gun Banners by an MD
    By ExSoldier in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM
  2. Is Glock going to continue making Gen 3 ??
    By crue2009 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM
  3. Manufacturers Box
    By movingshrub in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
  4. Dragoons continue to reach out
    By Bumper in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 25th, 2004, 02:28 PM

Search tags for this page

boycott kimber
,
destroying firearm
,
firearm manufacture banners
,

gun manufacturer banners

,

gun manufacturer decals

,
gun manufacturer gun banners
,

gun manufacturers banner

,

gun manufacturers banners

,
how will kimber continue manufacturing in new york
,

kimber banner

,

kimber firearms banner

,

kimber guns qualified for california

Click on a term to search for related topics.