Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners

This is a discussion on Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, I think it was mentioned before, but LE agencies don't have much to do with the politicians who are passing the laws. Almost like ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gun manufacturers (Kimber) continue to aid gun banners

Yeah, I think it was mentioned before, but LE agencies don't have much to do with the politicians who are passing the laws. Almost like being guilty by proximity.

2. Remove Ads

Originally Posted by dang.45
    Any reason to get something other than a 2nd G19?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    None. You can feed, practice with, and maintain it more economically than any other option. I have two, had three but had to sell one, looking at getting it replaced.
    So, Rob, are you going to ditch your two G19s and forego getting another one, since Glock is the primary supplier of duty weapons to the LAPD (and many others in California)?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Go Glock

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    Yeah, I think it was mentioned before, but LE agencies don't have much to do with the politicians who are passing the laws. Almost like being guilty by proximity.
    Really? The fallacy of that assumption has also already been addressed. California PD has a long history of being the Brady Bunches pansy mouth pieces. i.e. actively doing all they can to undermine 2A rights of the citizens they are sworn to protect and serve. Thereby violating that oath and their oath to uphold the Constitution. As others have already pointed out of you doubt California PD anti 2A stance try getting a concealed weapons permit in California
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Interesting that a member with a HK icon would post such a sentiment given HK's attitude about civilian sales of many of their " neat toys " ...
    You mean like grenade launchers or the G11.

Not being argumentative here but I picked the H&K logo b/c I own a few of their toys that I am allowed to buy. I'm very impressed w/the quality. They are the major caliber hand guns that I shoot the best, and I've shot them all.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    So, Rob, are you going to ditch your two G19s and forego getting another one, since Glock is the primary supplier of duty weapons to the LAPD (and many others in California)?
    +1
    So, maybe we should boycott all of the gun manufacturers that supply weapons to the gov't.

That way we wouldn't have to spend money on ammo, or permits, or range trips. I mean, just think, a world without gun manufacturers. Wouldn't that be great?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Bravo to Barrett. Too bad the Kimber folks aren't made of the same stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo
    Not being argumentative here but I picked the H&K logo b/c I own a few of their toys that I am allowed to buy. I'm very impressed w/the quality. They are the major caliber hand guns that I shoot the best, and I've shot them all.
    The point is, you berate Kimber for doing business with the LAPD, yet you have no problem supporting HK for doing the same thing.

A bit of a contradiction, wouldn't you say?
    Cheers,
    Rod

I have no "guilt" in FTF purchases. My problem with Kimber (and Ruger) is their singularity- they agressively sought out contracts with a specialized agency in a particularly repressive state. Do I really care? No. I owned an early Kimber. It was nice, but...frankly I'm weaned from the 1911 platform. We all make compromises.

For those saying that LE is not accountable for laws, good or bad, that demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution. But that's okay, the "misunderstanding" has been taught for almost 50 years, now.

Law Enforcement is not a branch of government, nor is it the tool of Congress or the Judiciary...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    I have no "guilt" in FTF purchases. My problem with Kimber (and Ruger) is their singularity- they agressively sought out contracts with a specialized agency in a particularly repressive state.
    Yes, I'm certain that Glock, Sig, Colt, HK, S&W, etc., etc., haven't been doing any "aggressive" marketing and lobbying with "repressive" states.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    This is ALL getting a bit argumentative but I would like to add a simple point...IF you choose to stop helping the gun grabbers then you must AT THE LEAST stop doing the following:

Burger King
    McDonalds
    Coca Cola
    Pepsi
    Wal-Mart
    PTA (yes "the" PTA)

Don't blame the corporations for what they do, they are in place to make money. Blame the idiots that vote for the people who make the laws...they are after all ultimately responsible.

I am not saying I have a plan to get the idiots out of office, I wish I did...but a business making the most money than can make is what Democracy and Free market are all about, you know the stuff FREEDOM IS MADE OF!! So do not blame them for exercising their freedoms while you try to exercise yours...that would be Cintonesque of you.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Yes, I'm certain that Glock, Sig, Colt, HK, S&W, etc., etc., haven't been doing any "aggressive" marketing and lobbying with "repressive" states.
    "Specialized" agency bro', the SIS. LAPD is just like any other LE agency, in context, and I have no "problem" with general-issue items (as Kerbouchard indicates, it really isn't proper to have wholesale slaughter, however...) This is why Ronnie Barrett took a real stance- he provides a product for which there are extremely limited options.

Burger King
    McDonalds
    Coca Cola
    Pepsi
    Wal-Mart
    PTA (yes "the" PTA)
    Already there. The only one I can't completely afford to DC is WallyWorld.

Nor do I watch more than 3 hours of TV per month...

...or see Tim Robbins/George Buffooney et al flicks...

You can't not support every gun grabber, but you can sure pare it down.

The point is, you berate Kimber for doing business with the LAPD, yet you have no problem supporting HK for doing the same thing.

A bit of a contradiction, wouldn't you say?
    Sure they sell to LE but I don't think that HK has 'teamed up' with one of the more repressive outfits like LAPD and if they did, I don't think they made quite as big a deal of it as Kimber did w/the SIS.

HK does have a pistol named after a military unit, the SOCOM, but last I checked, the general public could purchase these though probably not Californians.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Sure they sell to LE but I don't think that HK has 'teamed up' with one of the more repressive outfits like LAPD and if they did, I don't think they made quite as big a deal of it as Kimber did w/the SIS.

HK does have a pistol named after a military unit, the SOCOM, but last I checked, the general public could purchase these though probably not Californians.
    HK has certainly taken a stand on not doing business with "bad" organizations:

GERMANY: German Arms Firm Ends Blackwater Deal After TV Report
    by DW staff (ncy), Deutsche Welle
    February 19th, 2008

Weapons manufacturer Heckler & Koch said it would end its relationship with Blackwater after German media reported that the controversial US-run military firm was using its guns in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    CorpWatch*:*GERMANY: German Arms Firm Ends Blackwater Deal After TV Report
    Cheers,
    Rod

And Glock, of course, would never do business with "repressive" regimes:

Report: Austria approves export of 30,000 handguns to Iran
    Report: Austria approves export of 30,000 handguns to Iran - International Herald Tribune
    Cheers,
    Rod

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    When I saw that issue of American Rifleman, I too was struck by the irony. It made me glad that I bought an H&K P2000 instead of the Kimber Aegis I almost went with.
    I think its all a catch 22.

Pretty much every gun maker or employee for a gun maker manufacture have come out and said something stupid regarding the people right to bear arms. I think that it takes more guts to come out and admit your wrong, and change your views publically then its does to hide behind what you said and try to hold on to your "Pride". In other words I respect Jim Zumbo for admitting he was completly wrong, and changed his views. I responded to you KENINCOLO because you don't have to look to far to note that your beloved manufacture HK has done similiar thiings in the past, and currently still do things that could be troublesome down the road.

I remind you of the HK employee who defended himself with a Ruger Machine gun in the 1980's on HK property in chantilly Virginia. This employee fled for over 50 miles in his truck taking incoming fire from a motorcycle gang member, only to be cornered in a parking lot at the HK import plant in Virginia. With his Pregnant wife managed to defend himself. Clearly this was an act of self defense, in fact there was 0 question that it wasn't self defense. However, HK let the employee go after he defended himself on HK property from a wanted felon/violently intoxicated person. HK has also refused in the past to sell "LE style guns/magazines" (whatever LE style guns means) to us civilians. After the sunset of the awb ban in 2004 HK was still shipping all there guns with 10 round mags unless a distrubutor was swapping them; however, IIRC isn't HK dealer direct. Even if there not, why didn't they come out and recognize this and immediatly start sending civilians mags that held more then 10 rounds in their guns, when they shipped all the LE guns with Hi-cap magazines.

Heres the catch in the 22. I do nd I don' agree with the pulling all help to California LE based on their horrible attacks on us gun owners.

On one side I say do it!
    On the other side I say, look at the guy on the bottom of the totem poll. The street cop caught up in a world of politics who may or may not be on our side. Denying him the appropriate resources to survive on the streets to me may not make sense.

I don't know where I stand on this HOT topic because the effects you and I feel are differn't than that of the lonely California Highway Patrolman in Southern California will feel if we stop giving him adequate tools to do his job and come home to his family.
    ďAre you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the roomĒ?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links