Why carry?

This is a discussion on Why carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "we all dropped to the floor and got whatever protection we could find" (in reference to hiding under desks). CLICK HERE (5 minute/35 meg video ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why carry?

Why carry?

"we all dropped to the floor and got whatever protection we could find" (in reference to hiding under desks).

CLICK HERE (5 minute/35 meg video of one students version of the virginia tech shooting, including live footage taken during the attack).

2. Remove Ads

why carry?
    With the endless supply of reasons why I carry, let me just say a few words:
    a) because I want to be ready
    b) because I'm willing
    c) because I'm able
    d) because I refuse to be a victim

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    b) because I'm willing
    c) because I'm able
    Amen to those reasons, plus I see it as my right to be able to defend myself & my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    b) because I'm willing
    c) because I'm able
    I must agree with you
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

I would be willing to bet that if this creep had just one armed person challenge him there would have been less carnage. Only the innocent gets soaked by stupid laws.
    NRA Member

Why carry? same reason I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, never used it to protect myself and I hope I never do, but I still replace it every few years.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

VIP Member
    Speechless..............................

Senior Moderator
    why carry?
    because the world is getting crazier by the day.

Dont beleive it?
    Look at all the people what would vote for Obama or Clinton.

If that dont convince you, nothing will.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I was until recently a passive supporter of RKBA. This very incident is what moved me to finally act to get a CCP, learn to shoot properly and acquire an effective (for me) firearm and holster. Besides the obvious emotional impact, I recalled our family walking the areas where this slaughter took place when my son and daughter-in-law were students there. I imagined myself there once again and not being able to help.

Regrettably, most of my family still does not get it. Once again, it remains to those few of us to try to help preserve the quality of life the majority take for granted. I once thought that this perspective was reserved for our military and police. I was slow to step up and take on this responsibility for myself and mine.

I hope you don't mind the elaboration, but this obviously hit home with me.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    II hope you don't mind the elaboration, but this obviously hit home with me.
    it should hit home with all of us sir. when virginia tech (or whomever is directly or indirectly responsible) took away the right to arm yourself they accepted the responsibility of ensuring safety. they failed.

Why carry? Why wear a seat belt? Why keep a first aid kit? Why keep a spare tire?
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

The comfort of a loaded gun............

This video makes my heart sink... only if those in positions of authority would take people's safty as seriously as they claim... these "gun free zone" places have never showed any evidence of making people safer, never been a report of a criminal stop by a flimsy sign, but the lies still are propagated by the media morons.

I don't know what I would do if I were in her position, but if I survived the attack, I would have sued the school for negligence because they did little to nothing to ensure safety... no metal detectors, no armed security etc (even more effort is placed into protecting money, than there is for our children)... shameful, really shameful.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Why carry? same reason I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, never used it to protect myself and I hope I never do, but I still replace it every few years.
    I actually had to use my fire extinguisher for a small kitchen fire a few months back... Strange, I didn't hear anyone telling me that I shouldn't have one. You know, since it is so unlikely that you'll ever need it, and the fire department is only about 1 mile away, and the apartment I live in has a sprinkler system. I mean, why should I risk it? Why not just run away and ensure my safety?

Better yet, the kitchen is a known dangerous area in a house. What was I doing going there anyway? Shouldn't I just be avoiding known dangerous areas? Its my own fault, obviously. I wasn't being smart. And what was I doing with a fire extinguisher anyway? Those things are dangerous for the untrained - heck, even the British government says so, so it must be true...

(I know there was a thread on this story here before, but I can't find the link...)
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

For me, it all boils down to not wanting a family member (or me) to become a victim of the 'growing number' of dirtbags wandering the streets...
    With a weapon I have a much better chance of survival...

Stay armed...refuse to be a helpless victim...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links