NY carry mag carry limit - Page 3

NY carry mag carry limit

This is a discussion on NY carry mag carry limit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several people have answered the question perfectly. If you are using 10 round magazines, you're good to go regardless of when the mag was manufactured. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Several people have answered the question perfectly. If you are using 10 round magazines, you're good to go regardless of when the mag was manufactured. If you own hi-cap mags, they must have been manufactured prior to the federal AWB of '94. If your pistol wasn't in production in 1994 (an example being the Springfield XD), than they must be limited to 10 rounds because there are no pre-bans in existance. If you own a gun that was produced prior to 1994, they must be pre-ban hi-caps. Certain mags (long-running Glock models being a prime example) can easily be distinguished as pre or post-ban by the placement of the markings on the mag or simply by date-stamp. It's a silly law, designed by ignorant, misinformed legislators. You've gotta love NY

Yup... that sums it up!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    It can be proven with a sales receipt for the gun and/or magazine. I have a friend here in NY with a Walther PPK and pre-ban magazine, and it's perfectly ok. Just need to have the paperwork.
    Jon, I bought a 'used' p226......3 hi-caps! Yeah for me.....I don't know where the receipt is......and it don't matter. LE ONLY........not stamped, I'm good to go....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Jon, I bought a 'used' p226......3 hi-caps! Yeah for me.....I don't know where the receipt is......and it don't matter. LE ONLY........not stamped, I'm good to go....
    Way to go!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    Ok so I just look it up and if it was manufactured before 1994 then it's legal. Anything made after that must be no more than 10 rounds. Since there isn't a real way to prove it's build date most places just won't ship them to NY instead of trying to figure out what is what.
    I have several (standard capacity) HK mags that I bought after the assault weapon sunset. They say RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT / GOVERNMENT ONLY 10/94. That's great that they are identified by the month and year of the ban. That way, if there's another ban, these mags are already identified as pre-ban.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links