Postal Carry - Page 3

Postal Carry

This is a discussion on Postal Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local post office here in Colorado has an interesting sign on the door; I don't remember exactly what it says (I'll pay more attention ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Postal Carry

My PO

My local post office here in Colorado has an interesting sign on the door; I don't remember exactly what it says (I'll pay more attention next time) but it's something like 'it is illegal to assault a post office employee with a weapon' or some-such. Not "no guns", just that it's illegal to do something illegal

post office

The Post Office is Federal and not subject to state laws, and the answer is a big NO.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hask12
    The Post Office is Federal and not subject to state laws, and the answer is a big NO.

Actually, it is not that cut and dried. Some federal properties are, indeed, subject to state laws. There are three different types of jurisdiction that apply to laws on federal property: Exclusive, concurrent, and proprietary. The type of jurisdiction determines the applicability of state and local laws on the property.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by ManChicken
    My local post office here in Colorado has an interesting sign on the door; I don't remember exactly what it says (I'll pay more attention next time) but it's something like 'it is illegal to assault a post office employee with a weapon' or some-such. Not "no guns", just that it's illegal to do something illegal
    That's a big head-scratcher there! I can just see some bad guy intent on harming a PO employee starting to go in, seeing the sign and thinking to himself "Gee, it's illegal for me to do this? Gosh, I didn't know, I'd better go home..." Yeah, right. Maybe banks and convenience stores should get in on this highly intelligent development and post an "It's illegal to rob this establishment" sign

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links