What about when your kids aren't around you or a CCW spouse? - Page 2

What about when your kids aren't around you or a CCW spouse?

This is a discussion on What about when your kids aren't around you or a CCW spouse? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Really is a crap shoot, always be there when you can and minimize the amount of time your kids are out of reach to lower ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about when your kids aren't around you or a CCW spouse?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Really is a crap shoot, always be there when you can and minimize the amount of time your kids are out of reach to lower the odds. However, even when they are with you, nothing you are carrying can prevent a stray bullet from a drive-by. Prepare them without scaring them. As soon as I hit the lottery you are all invited to join my walled in compound in Northern ID, I guarantee somebody will always be armed there.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Raise your kids right, teach them combatives and trust in God.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Well if they're in my classroom, I'll lock the door, pile them up in the corner, and I do have a stout wooden stool I can swing and I'll take the first bullet... no guarantees after that...

...The problem is those 2 backup plans depend on someone else being there to unlock a door I don't have a key to...
    First, I applaud you attitude. If more teachers had it maybe groups like the NEA would push to allow teachers to CCW. (Yeah, right)

You might want to look around and see what exists in your envirioment that could be used as a weapon. For instance, fire extinguishers (both to spray in their faces and to hit them with), fire axes, and fire hoses (throw it out into the hallway and turn it on. Shooter's going to have fun trying to advance down a hallway with one of those whipping around).

I'd try to see if it was possible to get keys to the 2 alternate exits, even if unofficially. Also a potential use for a fire axe.

The point is, there are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Hopefully you'll never need to try
    Randy
    NRA Life Member

Im a single parent & I hope im never in a situation where I have to defend myself. My daughter is 4 yrs old & if someone is stupid enough to put my daughter in danger by trying to harm me, then they deserve what they have coming to them.

But its also a 2 way thing, I never put myself in a situation where somebody might try to rob me - when she is with me.

Gunner "I never put myself in a situation where somebody might try to rob me - when she is with me." ????
    Please tell me how do YOU read the magic 8 ball:-)
    simplyrugged.com

Get Trained Go Armed.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I think at very least - teach kids to be situationally aware - don't let them learn condition white. That alone could save them in a crisis, when other kids maybe are happily up in the clouds!! Daresay too as kids grow up - some degree of tuition as well on defensive techniques - anything to give them an edge.
    Absafarginlootly right! At Columbine, Kliebold and Harris entered the library and walked past several students at tables to their left. They went around the library in a counter-clockwise direction, shooting students as they went. They took time to light and throw a pipe bomb and then continued around. When they finally got back to the tables to the left, THE STUDENTS WERE STILL SITTING THERE so they shot some of them too.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by RobL
    Gunner "I never put myself in a situation where somebody might try to rob me - when she is with me." ????
    Please tell me how do YOU read the magic 8 ball:-)

There are alot of little things that you can do to try and prevent a robery!

*Dont wear excessive jewelry -or- items such as furs. Leave the Rolex at home. LoL
    *Dont Park in dark places.
    *Dont let anybody in your proxcemity.
    *Avoid high crime neighborhoods after dark.
    *If im shoping I keep a resonable amout of cash or a single credit card seperate from everything else - Dont pull out hundreds of dollars when your only paying for 10 gallons of gas.

Most of this is common sence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links