I'm happy for the cop and his family, but....

This is a discussion on I'm happy for the cop and his family, but.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bronx officer justified in killing wife's mugger, sources say Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy that the policeman and his family are okay. MY question, and ...

Thread: I'm happy for the cop and his family, but....

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

I'm happy for the cop and his family, but....

Bronx officer justified in killing wife's mugger, sources say

Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy that the policeman and his family are okay. MY question, and it's not up to the individual police officers....Why can't law abiding citizens have the same right to carry and defend/protect themselves or their family, hmmm?

I'm not naive...just disgusted with the NYC rulebook. Let's get some answers.........or at least discuss....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Because in NYC only the Police experience violent crime becuase they have violent guns.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Because the voters of NYC haven't voted out the lawmakers that pass anti-self defense laws. They also have not elected lawmakers who will champion and enact pro-self-defense laws.

What did I win?
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I'm happy that he had a chance to protect his family and did take care of the BG.

Now as far as NYC and guns go, it's unbelievable and terrible how law abiding citizens can't protect themselves. As you can see the BG could care less about the laws. and then here comes these idiots who wan't more of this by trying to elect Obama for President.
    NRA Member

Because the law makers in New York think of themselves as a cut above you and me, and therefore, think that they should be the only one able to defend themselves by carrying a gun.

The truth be it know, I’m surprised the allow cops to carry a gun there. Think bobby’s in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Because the voters of NYC haven't voted out the lawmakers that pass anti-self defense laws. They also have not elected lawmakers who will champion and enact pro-self-defense laws.

What did I win?
    4 more years of Hillary! The Libs are here to stay...they remind me of Canadian Geese that people keep feeding and then wonder why they don't fly south anymore.....THEN the geese keep pooping near the lake and they become a problem......it's a friggin' loop of stupid ideas and thoughts....

The majority of the people in NYC are scared like sheep.....or are being fed like cattle. Protect me or give me a check. Or both....I hope that the people living in the rest of the state wake up, and quick.....and now I have to stop before I have an aneurysm.
    ---Ronald Reagan

You 'have' what you votes for...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You 'have' what you votes for...
    Thats what I'm affraid of after the Nov general election with this Obamanation stupidity and craze.

One less bad guy in the world, now that is a good thing. But as you point out, why can't the average citizen protect his family just like this officer did? How can the liberals of NY be so blind and stupid all at the same time? Reminds me of that scene in the move The Brave One where Jodie Foster goes to a gun store to buy a gun and is told to fill out the paperwork and wait. She says she won't last that long and the gun store guy gives her a look like, "Well it was liberals like you that voted for these laws, don't blame me if they end up killing you."
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    One less bad guy in the world, now that is a good thing. But as you point out, why can't the average citizen protect his family just like this officer did? How can the liberals of NY be so blind and stupid all at the same time? Reminds me of that scene in the move The Brave One where Jodie Foster goes to a gun store to buy a gun and is told to fill out the paperwork and wait. She says she won't last that long and the gun store guy gives her a look like, "Well it was liberals like you that voted for these laws, don't blame me if they end up killing you."
    Amen brother, amen. BTW, I did enjoy that movie!
    God bless our troops!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity, whens the last time in NYC that anybody ran on a platform of restoring citizens' rights to armed self defense?

Can't vote for what you don't got...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, whens the last time in NYC that anybody ran on a platform of restoring citizens' rights to armed self defense?

Can't vote for what you don't got...
    Well, NYC "don't got" more than that -- they don't have any real "gun culture", that type of mindset has largely been weened out of them. The real problem however is the same across the country -- those with a self-defense mindset are outnumbered by those with a sheeple mindset. We talk about the stupidity of laws which only make things more dangerous for folks, but people with the sheep type mindset just don't see it the way we do -- they just think "more guns, more crime" and outvote us.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I'm happy that he and is family are okay but had it gone down that way for the avaerage Joe, the avaerage Joe would be in jail right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I'm happy that he and is family are okay but had it gone down that way for the avaerage Joe, the avaerage Joe would be in jail right now.

Or dead, along with his un-armed family.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    pgrass, I though it was because in NYC only the Police go looking for trouble. I heard that in NYC if you don't go looking for it you won't find it.

Links