Hot weather carry

Hot weather carry

This is a discussion on Hot weather carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have suggestions for hot weather carry of my pf-9 and my p-32. I normally use IWB kydex, and I'll admit my leather IWB is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather carry

Cool Hot weather carry

Anyone have suggestions for hot weather carry of my pf-9 and my p-32. I normally use IWB kydex, and I'll admit my leather IWB is more comfortable on bare skin, but it is also more obtrusive. I use a DeSantis Nemesis for front pocket, but in lighter weight shorts the heavier 9mm still bulges. I'm ok with untucked, but then the comfort factor comes into play. My belt pinches my flab. My paddles don't conceal well in lighter summer shirts. Have I missed something I should be aware of? Maybe I should just stick a big bandaid on my kidney area and another under my belt buckle and carry my 9 in my StellarRigs kydex IWB, which is absolutely my favorite carry holster.
    Too much of a good thing is not enough... member of WVCDL and NRA

Quote Originally Posted by wlynn View Post
    Maybe I should just stick a big bandaid on my kidney area and another under my belt buckle and carry my 9 in my StellarRigs kydex IWB, which is absolutely my favorite carry holster.

Try the Smart Carry. It works good with shorts. Here is a video review of it.
    NRA Member

Living in Florida and carrying around a few extra pounds I can relate to your problems.

Most of the summer, I carry a Kel-Tek P3AT 380 in a nemesis holster in my front pocket.

If I知 headed to town at night, I carry the Glock 26 OWB in a SGH holster at 4 O団lock and just ware my shirt untucked, or if I知 warring jeans, I値l ware a Harley vest.

OWB Holsters

If I have to really worry about concealment; like going to a concert, I値l ware an IWB in the small of my back, tuck my shirt in but have it a little out to cover the pistol. Right now I am carrying the Bare Asset by High noon holsters.

Bare Asset

Kydex and other synthesis have there place, and I love the Blackhawk carbon fiber holster for use at the range during competition drills with the Glock 17.

But for everyday carry I値l only ware leather. The SGH OWB leather rig has a backside leather cover to protect my body from pistol chaffing.

Hope this helps.

That was cool. I watched a few more of the videos. I am one of those people kinda on the edge about a smart carry, wondering about how comfortable it is and there is the issue about the pistol being that close to the family jewels. And yes, the gun will not fire unless you pull the trigger...but it's a mental issue.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    The only thing I do different in hot weather is inspect for rust more often.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post

Try the Smart Carry. It works good with shorts. Here is a video review of it.
    I liked the reference to buying nachos at Wal-Mart.
    I haven稚 heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    It's kinda hard to know what'll float your boat... I use a VM-II and carry a 1911 in comfort under a tee-shirt through the summer.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    At any time you want to go untucked just wear a "wife beater" under your shirt...they help wick sweat away from the body and are so thin add no discomfort to whatever you wear in the heat.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    At any time you want to go untucked just wear a "wife beater" under your shirt...they help wick sweat away from the body and are so thin add no discomfort to whatever you wear in the heat.
    This is what I wear (wife beater) under my T-shirts...very comfortable in hot weather.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Can't tell what a wife beater is, can you expand on that?
    I have ordered a camera like case to carry my CDP II in and will give that a try.
    I have tried IWB with a T shirt and everything prints with it. The kind of work I do, knit shirts are about as low as you can get away with on the casual wear.
    Have thought about a Karh with pocket holster. That may be next if the camera case does not work out.
    I believe the smar carry could work, but it represents another layer of clothing when what you have on is alread to much.
    By the way, the camera case is by Hoffner Leather.

"Wife beater" is a tanktop-style undershirt.

My choice is a Kahr PM9 for the small size and accuracy. Very concealable.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    Can't tell what a wife beater is, can you expand on that?

I think with a good IWB holster there should be no problem. I usually carried my Kahr PM 9 in a UBG Canute under a T-Shirt. (I'm not sure T-shirt is the right word. It's a pullover build like a T but tend not to be the very thin cotton although I have several of them as well.)

Recently I found that even my XD conceals very well with the same type holster and clothing. Yes if you pull the T down tight it shows a slight bulge, butdoes not print "gun shape" at all. "Fluff up the T a little and it's gone.

If I was to go the max in concealment I wear a very thin T and the "Shabot" Israeli bodyguard "jacket". Yeah its a jacket but very thin with short sleeves. I don't button it. It's long enough to conceal a 1911 in an OWB. Of course it's a bit warmer than just the T but so far I haven't found it uncomfortable and have worn it when the temperature has been in the 80's. Most businesses are air conditioned anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post

Recently I found that even my XD conceals very well with the same type holster and clothing.
    Uncle mike's sidekick iwb (size5...$14) serves me fine as well.
    "...for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." Matthew 26:52

Quote Originally Posted by wlynn View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for hot weather carry of my pf-9 and my p-32.
    Take a look at K&D Holsters Kevin does excellent work willing and able to customize any of his designs to suit you or make a one off. His Dakota Defender & Cochie Defender are extremely thin and hold you gun snug to you for excellent concealment. Give him a call he is sure to come up with the perfect holster for you. I have a Maverick Defender that I like because it has an adjustable locking cant that lets me carry in exactly the position I want while not his thinnest IWB I carry my XD45 compact under a t shirt no problem
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links