What if you go crazy?!?!?!?

This is a discussion on What if you go crazy?!?!?!? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; easy access to firearm = easy suicide within reach if you lose it... ANYWAYS... I know a guy who had a CONCEALED PERMIT and when ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if you go crazy?!?!?!?

easy access to firearm = easy suicide within reach if you lose it...

ANYWAYS...

I know a guy who had a CONCEALED PERMIT and when he got divorced/lost his job "LOST IT" and attempted to kill two people with his carry glock.

YOU just never know people...
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

2. Remove Ads

Wow and what if? No easy answer, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather see the good guy carrying.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I did . you can read about it here . For a time i was ( rightly imho ) banned from new posts . What the docs did did not work , ohh well lol . I am off the meds and as of now the gunsafe is unlocked for me .

So to answer the OP question of " What if you go crazy " I did , I choose to lock up my guns from myself untill and unless i could responsibly deal with them . Part of my " crazy " was that i posted crap both here and other places which should just get a fella banned . However i have had a lot of pms and emails , and have not yet been banned anywhere . Some forums including this no one restricted my posting for a time . Point is that no matter why I did go crazy for a time , At no point would i " just shoot someone " but this forum worked with me because i posted some stuff that i would not normally . One of the choices I made is to disarm . I simply was not able to carry a firearm at one point and i knew it . Friends here removed my post ability , and one friend on the team emailed me keeping contact while i got better . My " go crazy " was due to health issues and changing meds , however the staff here has shown me that they will do what is needed , and not in any way drop support for any member that has a problem .

You sir mentioned the Badge issue , and in all fairness i should point out that i carried a badge for many years and it has not proven to be a safeguard later in life . I have the ability to get the " MASTERCARD " of ccw , being i qualify for the Retired LE . and i wont do it . Crazy , well yea lol as we can all be . However unless and untill anyone from CO can carry anywhere i refuse to be part of the " only ones "
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I wont go crazy everybody else will
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

When I was young, my Grandfather took me hunting all the time. It was a great. My Dad didn't hunt, so my Grandfather taught me about firearms and hunting.

One day, a few years down the road, I was a new police officer. My Grandfather came over and we began talking about my new job. He was a Police man for a few years in a small town when he was younger. I properly unloaded my Glock and then handed it to him, thinking that he had never seen a gun like that. He sent the slide forward and then pulled the trigger, inside, without really pointing the gun in a safe direction.

I was shocked! Completely shocked. And studying the look on his face, I knew that he really hadn't know whether the gun was loaded or not. I got the gun back, and sadly, let it be know to all family members that he was not to be trusted with firearms at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Larbax View Post
    Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me. Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me.
    They can't eat you if you rub peanut butter all over you ,but trying to keep the dog from licking it off creates a new problem,it lasts longer if it's chunky he's gotta stop to chew the peanuts
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What if I go crazy when I am carrying a firearm? Well, best case scenario is my wife takes my gun. Worst case scenario, I shoot somebody for no coherent reason. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Not hardly. If I were to do either, I would expect to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If my attorney tried to plead me 'temporary insanity' I would fire him on the spot.

I am responsible for my actions. I will proudly proclaim that. If for some reason I go crazy down the road and the technology is there, I hope a jury reads this. I fully accept ALL consequences for any and all of my actions. If I were to use a firearm in an improper manner and cause injury or death to somebody for no rational reason, then I deserve, and should be, locked up. If anything, just to ensure it could not happen again.

Honestly, for me, losing rational thought is much more terrifying(and costly) than death. If I lose rational thought, I hope that there is somebody like Kevorkian still around to put me down.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They can't eat you if you rub peanut butter all over you ,but trying to keep the dog from licking it off creates a new problem,it lasts longer if it's chunky he's gotta stop to chew the peanuts
    Wow! I never thought of that! I'm going to suit up and take the sewers to the local Piggly Wiggly and pick up a case or two of Skippy Chunky so I can get some shut eye.

The Clowns already got to FIDO.

What if you go crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    My wife and I were having a discussion about carrying firearms, and she asked: "What if you go crazy?"
    It depends on what you mean by 'crazy'. Like Tom Waits in Bram Stoker's Dracula who spends all his time behind bars crying, 'Master!! Master!! You promised me eternal life!!' (he is so awesome in that movie) ... that kind of crazy ?

I've got a friend in the UK who's been diagnosed as having 'paranoid delusional disorder'. Basically, he's convinced everyone's out to get him. When he got his first computer, it took me a month to convince him that I wasn't hacking into it. When he installed MSN, I'd see him online and would send him a message, to which he'd invariably reply that I obviously had a 'direct line into' his computer, otherwise 'how did I know he'd come online?'

He was convinced that his upstairs neighbor was watching him with 'infrared imaging equipment' that he'd stolen from the Royal Navy. When I'd chat with him on Skype, he had a halogen desklamp next to him, pointing upwards towards the ceiling, to 'defeat' his neighbor's spying.

His webcam is now positioned behind his door, so that he can see 'them' before they get inside his apartment.

This guy fortunately has no intentions of moving to the US, 'cos I'm convinced that he should never have access to weapons.

But what about someone who develops schizophrenia through drug use or whatever (I gather that cannabis can have this effect)? How are the authorities supposed to find out, if doctors can't tell them?

My wife has known I'm crazy for years, so have some of my leftist friends.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Question... which is more likely --- becoming deranged tomorrow, or being a victum in a holdup, raped, mugged, molested, carjacked, home broke into, to see a pitbull attack an innocent child, seeing an officer needing help, being in your local "Stop & Rob" when a holdup happens, etc, etc... I rest my case!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Question... which is more likely --- becoming deranged tomorrow, or being a victum in a holdup, raped, mugged, molested, carjacked, home broke into, to see a pitbull attack an innocent child, seeing an officer needing help, being in your local "Stop & Rob" when a holdup happens, etc, etc... I rest my case!
    AGREED!!!!!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links