An Odd Viewpoint

This is a discussion on An Odd Viewpoint within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tony, would advise you to do your homework so to say. talk to your friends the police anyone who would give you advise and then ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Odd Viewpoint

Tony, would advise you to do your homework so to say. talk to your friends the police anyone who would give you advise and then sort through the garbage. never trust a single source.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Of these three images which is most disconcerting for you and why?

- Janq

"Its brainwashing. People have always been told to 'trust the police'." - Tally XD

I only see two images
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

- Janq

"Its brainwashing. People have always been told to 'trust the police'." - Tally XD
    Barring any other info i.e. one of them is verbally threatening me or are known to me to be a robber etc. All three have guns pointing at me with their fingers on a trigger so all are an equal threat to my life unless I remember that police shoot the wrong person 11 times more often civilians do. Than I would say the officer would be the most disconcerting. The up side is according to the FBI he most likely only goes to the range once a year so he has the highest probability of missing. Do I think of any of that when a gun is pointed at me? NO. so they are all equally disconcerting to me.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

- Janq

Initially all bothered me equally because each had a gun pointed in my direction, but upon further review, only the cop has a decent chance of hitting me. The other two might miss!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by JG01 View Post
    I wonder why people trust lawyers they don't know over a friend they do know when it comes to law suits...
    Trust lawyers? That's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Its brainwashing. People have always been told to "trust the police" (in most cases). What many dont know is just how many cops carry guns that they have actually fired very little and know nothing about.

Some officers will straight out tell you they arent gun enthusiasts and know nothing about the weapon they carry every day!

That is part of the problem in NYC in that the "powers that be" want the police to be the ONLY people with guns. Problem is obvious. Not enough cops to protect each and every citizen and cops that arent as well trained as many civilians.
    Believe it or not most Police departments only train on the range for 2 weeks. You probably would get more and better training with NRA classes. But I guess the perk of getting that shield is getting that full carry. I have seen civilians shoot better than some of my counterparts on the job.
    One more step and it's on!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links