FL CCW Question

FL CCW Question

This is a discussion on FL CCW Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well good news and bad news. My Wife just called me to tell me that my CCW permit came in the mail and she opened ...

Thread: FL CCW Question

FL CCW Question

Well good news and bad news. My Wife just called me to tell me that my CCW permit came in the mail and she opened it to look at and with my luck it has all my info but the picture is not me
    I have read somewhere online where this problem has happened before and again in the same state of FL. What is wrong with these workers? Now I'm wondering if they have any of my info or fingerprints mixed up with the other guys who is in the picture? I'm also guessing since the picture is not me I cannot legeally carry until they send me a new permit? This means I will have to send another picture and wait again?

I guess "theoretically", you have a permit now. But I don't know how it would go over with a cop if you show him a permit with the wrong picture.

Stuff like this has happened enough in FL (e.g. permits issued to felons and the like) that the state stopped embarrassing itself by no longer publishing related stats.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Make a phone call to Tallahassee and see if it can be worked out with a fax.

jp

I got nuthin' on this one.....

I agree, time for a phone call. You might get lucky if they can find the right pic.

850-488-5381

Good luck.

Well I just got off the phone with the division of licensing and I guess somehow my picture got lost so I have to send them a new picture and write my name and license number on the back so that they can resend me a correct permit. I was told to cut the wrong permit in half and write a letter stating the error and send everything back in and wait another 3 weeks for my ccw BUT she did tell me I could still carry if I write down the License number and kept a copy of the ccw they sent me and I also still have my Mi permit with my picture and she told me that with all that info I would be fine but who knows really. Guess it was just my luck Thanks for the help.

You may or may not have done this on the first one but write you name and address on the back. You should get 2 pics when you have them taken. Send both unless ya like to carry a pic of yourself around with ya! ;) I know it's trivial but we are talkin bout gubment workers here. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawwg View Post
    Make a phone call to Tallahassee and see if it can be worked out with a fax.

jp
    At least a ph call. If that's me, I'm half way there by now.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by trhoten View Post
    Well I just got off the phone with the division of licensing and I guess somehow my picture got lost so I have to send them a new picture and write my name and license number on the back so that they can resend me a correct permit. I was told to cut the wrong permit in half and write a letter stating the error and send everything back in and wait another 3 weeks for my ccw BUT she did tell me I could still carry if I write down the License number and kept a copy of the ccw they sent me and I also still have my Mi permit with my picture and she told me that with all that info I would be fine but who knows really. Guess it was just my luck Thanks for the help.

I'd do just like she said - I'd be carrying. Are you?

jp

Wow, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Based on your phone conversation I would start carrying. If it makes you feel any better place another phone call and get a second opinion.
    NRA Member

FL is VERY good about making things right...do as she said...at least you can carry...
    Turn-a-round time for my renewal was only 10 days...I'm confident that you'll get a corrected license pretty quickly!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

that's pretty funny. sorry about the mix up, but atleast you have a permit!
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

My Wife just called me to tell me that my CCW permit came in the mail and she opened it to look at and with my luck it has all my info but the picture is not me
    Hmm. I'm waiting for mine. Is it a guy with short hair thin on the top?

Hope you get your new permit before DHS pulls up, lol the way some of my permit pictures look I wish it was another person ...good luck

Talking

Well good news and bad news. My Wife just called me to tell me that my CCW permit came in the mail and she opened it to look at and with my luck it has all my info but the picture is not me
    I have read somewhere online where this problem has happened before and again in the same state of FL. What is wrong with these workers? Now I'm wondering if they have any of my info or fingerprints mixed up with the other guys who is in the picture? I'm also guessing since the picture is not me I cannot legeally carry until they send me a new permit? This means I will have to send another picture and wait again?

So, Is the other guy uglier or better looking than you??
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Links